Spurs (A) | Post-Match Thread

I'm all for letting the game flow and allowing tackles again but I think this will go against us compared to a lot of other teams.
We don't have many players that Can tackle.
Maybe it's another ploy to effect City's normal beautiful football
Why are we walking all the time. We don't move the ball fast enough.

Everybody, because the teams at the top imploded last year and we put together a record number of wins means not to worry about anything this year. Despite the other teams strengthening and hitting the ground running whilst we have looked poor the last three competitive games. Do not show any concerns whatsoever and just rely on past experiences rather than the now. Easy.
The last three competitive games, One was part of the best season we've ever had, The next we practically played a reserve side and yesterday we still had players missing. We've also spent £100 Million too. I keep hearing everyone has has strenghthened except us, am I missing something?

Fernandinho and Rodri are bigger problems than left back for me. We are going into a season with the most one-paced defensive midfield I’ve ever seen. And that pace is slow as fuck. There is zero mobility in that midfield and we will get rinsed time and time again. If the midfield was spot on, we could play Zinchenko/Cancelo at LB and be totally fine. We need more technical players that are also athletic/energetic. We have too many plodders.
You are right about DM. Fernandinho has been an absolute warrior for us but clearly his best days are behind him. Even if Rodri is good enough, which I am still not convinced about, he can’t play every game. I have been saying for over a year we desperately need additional cover in this position.

Having said that we absolutely must strengthen at left back. It’s obvious Mendy simply isn’t good enough. Zinchenko is a great player but just isn’t a left back and Cancelo, a right footed player who has been terrible for months isn’t the answer.

Peps clearly a great coach but my own opinion is it's down to his rigid style of play. All coaches have blind spots but Pep's is so obvious and blaming the players for repetitive failings is a easy get out.

It's not though is it? The system works otherwise we wouldn't have won numerous trophies and broken countless records using it. Like all systems though it's not infallibile, none is. If one was then a team would win every game and all the trophies they competed for.

Players have off days, make mistakes, your opponent just plays a fantastic game and you lose. It happens. Yesterday in spite of having some key players missing and struggling with a lack of a proper pre season we still should have been at least ,3-0 up in the first 20 minutes. Pep can't put those chances away, nor can he defend better as Ake should have for their goal. Sure it was a counter attack that undid us, but we could play a more defensive system and still lose. I'll agree against certain teams he should be a little more pragmatic at times but he seems to be doing that now.

For me the game was more or less lost before the start of the season
Pep gave Sterling, walker and stones and Jesus I think an extended holiday and low and behold again we get off to a sluggish start to the new season.
Sterling was hopeless today again and Stones and Walker didn't feature.
Stones and Walker play we don't lose this match today.
Rags yesterday had shaw, maguire, pogba etc all starting and they had a decent pre season And most other teams had the internationals back.
Why the fuck can't all our players be firing and ready to go?

Peps not helped us with his over cautious and arrogant approach to the new season In my opinion. We got away with it last year due to lack of crowds, we won't be so lucky this season.
I've every sympathy for fans who have been to London twice in a week and seen us have 1 fucking shot on goal.
I understand why those players were given extended holidays we will get the benefit long term but sadly if we get off to a start like last season the title could be out of reach before the benefit kicks in.

An out and out striker is what is needed. Put away our chances and the pressure is of the team.
Not putting away chances just builds the pressure up as the game goes on, knowing on counter attack and we could be done.
With our strongest 11 City can perhaps get away without a striker, but even so a striker would be so much better. Not our strongest 11 and City 100% do need a striker, as yesterday showed.

we look knackered already which is a concern?! Also, Kane or another needs done asap! Oh and Mendy should never play again, let alone alongside Ake!
They look knackered due to lack of pre-season and conditioning, that'll come. The U18s beat United 3-0 the other day & the U23s drew 0-0 away to Liverpool (dominated but failed to score :( ), both teams had a limited pool of players to pick from and had to play some out of position. It's been a unique couple of seasons for them all, give them time before writing the season off.

That was a strange line-up. Torres up front. He scored a wonderful unexpected hat-trick at Newcastle. That promises much but looking at his stature he's more of a 2nd striker.

Mendy and Ake looked weak. Fernandinho and Gundogan looked slow. I would have played Jesus or Sterling down the middle because without Foden and KDB how were we going to score? Mahrez and Grealish cutting in and curling one in looked like the only way we would score.

I think Pep got it wrong. He can get more out of Sterling and Jesus

An out and out striker is what is needed. Put away our chances and the pressure is of the team.
Not putting away chances just builds the pressure up as the game goes on, knowing on counter attack and we could be done.
With our strongest 11 City can perhaps get away without a striker, but even so a striker would be so much better. Not our strongest 11 and City 100% do need a striker, as yesterday showed.
I recall two chances.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.