Spurs (A) | Post-Match Thread

I wish Mahrez would just once try kick it with his right foot

Give over! I fucking hate this attitude from our fans.

Their star player and captain doesn’t want to play for them anymore and wants to play for the team they played in the first game back after 18 months without being allowed to go to football games, who just happen to be the best team in the country and a bit of a big rival of Spurs.

If they didn’t celebrate like that, I’d think there was something wrong with them. Good on them, obviously meant a lot to them.

We have this attitude every time someone beats us, calling other clubs for being happy to beat us and creating a great noise because of it. It’s probably why the Etihad is like a morgue 95% of the time, we’ve got fans who think they’re too cool and too big to make noise.
Nail on the head stuff unfortunately

That was a strange line-up. Torres up front. He scored a wonderful unexpected hat-trick at Newcastle. That promises much but looking at his stature he's more of a 2nd striker.

Mendy and Ake looked weak. Fernandinho and Gundogan looked slow. I would have played Jesus or Sterling down the middle because without Foden and KDB how were we going to score? Mahrez and Grealish cutting in and curling one in looked like the only way we would score.

I think Pep got it wrong. He can get more out of Sterling and Jesus
Maybe Jesus wasn't fit enough to start.

Poor start and we were not up for the battle today against a weaker team that will not feature for Chumps League contention this season.

I expect a much hungrier team next Saturday creating many more chances and putting a few of them into the net.

Calmed down abit but Mendy needs to go, 1 million times over just bite the bullet and loan him out pay all his wages. Cover him with someone from the academy, womens team whatever.

Obviously the Ake Mendy axis of comedy was a huge issue, but central midfield wow, they were just getting the ball and running straight down the middle of the pitch. We are lightweight in there without Bernardo and it looks like he's off.

Poor start and we were not up for the battle today against a weaker team that will not feature for Chumps League contention this season.

I expect a much hungrier team next Saturday creating many more chances and putting a few of them into the net.

It happens too often that we don’t seem to be up for it. Too many soft arses in the team. If we don’t score in the first 20 mins heads seem to drop, and once the opposition grows and gets a few chances we get progressively worse.

Our record for winning from a goal down is fucking abysmal, it’s embarrassing for a team of our stature. Unless we can score first we seem to give teams hope that actually we can be quite shit and slow, plus we’re never helped by the officials.

We‘re in danger of becoming flat track bullies. Watch us hit 4 against Norwich next week, even if we still d have Kane. Torres will score and all the happy clappers will bury their heads in the sand again.

The last three games we’ve played, all against good or very good teams, we’ve been fucking shit, and soft. Not good enough.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.