Spurs (A) | Post-Match Thread

I think that puts to bed the idea that our second XI is somehow good enough to be top half of the PL. Like every other team, the drop off from our first XI to the second is massive. I know Pep is a masterful coach but not playing 3 of your usual back four away to Spurs is disrespectful at best. Mendy and Ake in the same team is never going to end well and all the opposition coaches know it. Even Tyler knows it ffs.

I mean, this isn't "Just one game". We were shit towards the end of last season - and if the players are only gonna get up for UCL semi finals (The manager fucked us in the final) then we might as well fuck this league off right now.

Lets be honest - Cancelo has been gash since January. Mahrez can always go back to being Mahrez. Mendy is absolutely abominable. Gundogan - if we're being honest, has been on it since March. Jesus isn't a left winger, Sterling only plays well for England (and hasn't had one good game for us in 9 months). Ake is not Laporte.

I'm gonna get called a fucking mard arse here but I wanted to post this before the season and chickened out but i'm fucking angry with that shit.
Your right but the happy clappers will be on your back!

Give over! I fucking hate this attitude from our fans.

Their star player and captain doesn’t want to play for them anymore and wants to play for the team they played in the first game back after 18 months without being allowed to go to football games, who just happen to be the best team in the country and a bit of a big rival of Spurs.

If they didn’t celebrate like that, I’d think there was something wrong with them. Good on them, obviously meant a lot to them.

We have this attitude every time someone beats us, calling other clubs for being happy to beat us and creating a great noise because of it. It’s probably why the Etihad is like a morgue 95% of the time, we’ve got fans who think they’re too cool and too big to make noise.
Fair enough.
I'm just gutted that we completely failed to turn up again. So so frustrated.

P.S I'm not big or cool! ;-)

Wonder what Grealish thinks he’s walked into..
Me too, todays starting 11 was not much better than the Villa team he left. Clearly a brilliant player and together with Phil and Kev they could do great things but they'll be no trophies if we don't sign a striker which is what he left Villa for in the first place...that and a tad more money in his paycheck.

Pretty much what I was thinking, we are way undercooked and most of the them weren't at the races.

You could see the difference with kev on the field in just 15 mins

Torres isn't a 9 yet but he wasn't helped by no one seeing the runs he was making, ironically kev is the one that would be he had moved wide right

Mendy is stealing a living, he should be paid off just to get rid.

Grealish did OK, can see him taking wide left from raz

Hopefully some movement on kane now, we need him

Taken in isolation today’s defeat is not end of the world. We had players missing, we started slowly last season However the game was similar to Champs league final in that Mahrez Sterling and v Chelsea Foden are doing little v semi decent opposition and It’s been like that for a few weeks. When you think Grealish has to be integrated into team this season could be tricky. Also if we are not Kane or AN other striker this too me is worrying. Jesus seems to be on the periphery of things so where is the spark coming from?

If my maths is correct that's 5 defeats from the last 7 and again if my stats are right in the last 3 games we've probably mustered 2 shots on target from 3 games.
0 goals also from the last 3 games.
Very worrying stats in light of the schedule in the next few games.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.