Spurs (A) | Post-Match Thread

That was pathetic, tactically by Pep & technically by the players.
We started well but after 25 mins it was clear Fernandinho was far too exposed & we didn’t have the legs/fitness to turn it into a basketball style match, we needed to manage & control the game better. We had 3/4 of our strongest defence not starting and we were far too open & allowed spurs countless opportunities to drive at them.
For those who think Mendy is good enough to be playing at this level are deluded, the injuries have robbed him of his best attributes, he is not a good defender & his pace & mobility have gone so he is unable to recover from the numerous times he gets in the wrong position or gives the ball away. Also I don’t understand how many times we went short with a corner only to roll the ball back to Mendy who put in a over hit cross wasting another opportunity.
I could go on & on & on but I won’t depress everyone.
Finally Fernandinho Was left badly exposed by Pep & his team mates, he no longer has the legs to be Able plug a midfield playing that naively.
Anyway onto Norwich with another weeks training under our belt & get a win in front of a full house.

funny how it’s okay to always blame the players though... that was a tactical mess, and for those abusing Mendy he didn’t pick himself!
of Course players need to be called out (apparently I was too harsh on mendy in first half) and ive been critical of some of his selections and still struggling to understand that CL starting line up, but seriously what do people want beyond winning silverware ? Some of the football has also been breathtaking at times but this is not fifa on the PS

Total dog shit, the problem is much bigger than today,

Yet "we" lap up the ITK messaging about Kane, get a striker in now, do the deal for Kane or break the bank for Haaland.
Our form end of last season and this season is atrocious, not acceptable and is a full blown slump now. We won't get away with a slow start this season,the rags, chavs and scousers are laughing at us and our inability to secure a striker knowing fine we'll we are out the title race without one.
Oh god. You have left the Haaland thread and now are spouting shite here.

I'm as disappointed as everyone with that result, but the overreaction to a defeat on here is always way over the top.

they were not fit, most have only just started training, he went with his fittest team as he did last season, we will see a complete new team next match, we need players to get match fit, and he's doing it the right way as he proved last season.
you like to come across as a know it all, but on this you are completely wrong
Lol

Fucks me off every season with this “players aren’t ready” They chose to play for their international teams. Have a week or 10 days holiday but keep fit. Get back prepare and play. Fucking pampered.
It's only ever the City players that seem to do this aswell

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.