H​
Everton FC
Everton5:0

20:00​
N​
Chelsea FC
Chelsea FC
Spurs0:1
This season continues the form you detail.
I am sure we won't follow Pool in having a season to forget.

Certainly we are likely to spend heavily in the striker area which should help with chance conversion but time for all the team to get out of the doldrums and perform like we know they are capable of.

Thought we looked pretty good for 20 mins yesterday but after that you could see that spurs had had 2 more pre season weeks than us and less games last season. Same as last season.
The fact that Diaz couldn't sort his legs out twice says it all and that others on the bench weren't even considered as making a difference.
On the plus side, Kevin looked OK and can't wait to see him in tandem with Grealish. I had a feeling he wasn't bought exclusively to be used out wide.
Try not to get too down lads, with knee jerk reactions- our challengers need to make hay while the sun shines, because they are gonna need a 13 point lead again, when we hit our stride.

Once a team scores against us we seem to lose all heart. I guess that's a case of battering teams normally before they score. I liken it to a boxer hammering an opponent who has a dangerous punch but they can't knock him out. They think, "Bloody hell he's taken all that punishment but is still standing, I've given it everything." Fear and doubt then creep in and he gets caught with the sucker punch. We're the football equivalent at times.

We do follow a predictable pattern too in a lot of games. Some of these after the first ten minutes you just know, it's a feeling we're not on it. Yesterday we were so much on top but I knew if we didn't score in that period we'd fade and so it proved. I saw that lineup pre game, particularly the defence and knew we'd concede.

We need a few more nasty bastards in the side sometimes. Aside from Fern we haven't got any. Even David Silva used to leave his mark. Spurs bullied us yesterday and that was down to Taylor not doing his job. How that full back wasn't booked would be a mystery if we didn't know we're reffed differently.
Prepare to see that every game this season in the name of a 'lighter touch' to refereeing. They bullied us all over the field yesterday so we better toughen up.

There has always been one issue with Mendy (other than the obvious injuries, but they're part of football): he loses all his personal battles. You simply cannot trust him to win any one vs ones, it's cost us numerous times and especially vs Nuno's teams. I'm pretty confident that he would have sent his time out and told them to target that side, and it worked out that was as well and i think that's the reason Pep played Sterling. Like Angelino, he'll do well at that kind of a team that has enough players back to cover him, but we are a high risk team and we need players who are switched on and front foot aggressive. Unfortunately it's not gonna work out for him here, expensive mistake.

There has always been one issue with Mendy (other than the obvious injuries, but they're part of football): he loses all his personal battles. You simply cannot trust him to win any one vs ones, it's cost us numerous times and especially vs Nuno's teams. I'm pretty confident that he would have sent his time out and told them to target that side, and it worked out that was as well and i think that's the reason Pep played Sterling. Like Angelino, he'll do well at that kind of a team that has enough players back to cover him, but we are a high risk team and we need players who are switched on and front foot aggressive. Unfortunately it's not gonna work out for him here, expensive mistake.
My biggest fear is that the fans may start to get on his back vocally and whilst I’ll always support any player in the sky blue Mendy needs to be moved on before this happens.

Spoke to a Spurs fan on train on way back last night who asked why we hadnt sold all our tickets? Explained we had but he said there were a few rows clubbed together that were empty. Didnt see them myself but wondering is this the players and family tickets going to waste again?

Painfully predictable. Everything that we thought would happen did:

- City dominate chances but fail to score
- Mendy completely exposed
- No focal point in attack
- Ran out of ideas on the ball very early on
- Son scores on the counter
- Grealish and Sterling occupying the same spaces

The alarming thing is that if we can see these problems from a mile away, Pep can too. He clearly just felt that his only viable option was to put out the team he did even knowing what issues we would face. He needs a striker (a proper one, sorry but no matter how well a midfielder playing at striker can do on occasion we would get far more consistent performances out of someone who actually knows the position), he needs Stones/Walker/Zinchenko/De Bruyne back and he needs someone to take Mendy off our hands so there's space in the squad for a backup LB who won't give the opponent's right winger an erection every time he appears on the teamsheet.

Prepare to see that every game this season in the name of a 'lighter touch' to refereeing. They bullied us all over the field yesterday so we better toughen up.

It's an odd call by pigmol. I remember a few years back they wanted the skilful players to prosper so it became almost a non contact sport. Now they want more contact. That's fine but you can't allow continual fouling like the Spurs full back yesterday, that's going too far the other way

Spoke to a Spurs fan on train on way back last night who asked why we hadnt sold all our tickets? Explained we had but he said there were a few rows clubbed together that were empty. Didnt see them myself but wondering is this the players and family tickets going to waste again?

Looked completely full on TV.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.