Spurs (a) - pre-match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Think we look a little fatigued last two games and last night was 100 mph so hope we can recover, our passing not been great so hopefully we can sort that out. Think we can win this Sergio will bag in this for sure.

Bravo

Sagna
Otamendi
Stones
Clichy

Fernando
Fernadinho
Gundogan/Silva ( Merlin looked injured too me towards the end of the game last night )

Sterling
Aguero
Navas

A point would be a fantastic result against a well drilled Spurs side.

The key to winning the title is to not get beat at your rivals' home grounds, make sure you beat the so called lesser teams home and away which we have already done quite well this season.

The team looks more solid with Fernando in. When he came on last night, he occupied that gaping hole in front of our defence. We will need him to stop Alli, Lamela and Eriksson.

You'd fancy Sterling to get at Ben Davies/Kieran Trippier ( depending on which side he plays ) considering the way he is playing. Sergio was very quiet last night so i'm expecting a response.

Very tough game IMO.

Put Sagna, Stones and Fernando in for Zabaleta, Clichy and Gundogan and move Kolarov back to left back and we would be a lot more solid. One aspect of the way we play is we need a lot of composure on the ball at the back, when we have that we could suck teams into pressing Bravo and the back 4. Last night we lacked a little composure as a result the match was fairly frantic.

The question for me is whether Navas or Sane start for Nolito.

I expect us to be more solid on Sunday though I worry about our final third, especially without KdB. Last night and Saturday we wasted so many good positions by poor passing, poor decisions and some awful finishing. Spurs may well limit our chances so we need to be far more clinical.

A real test this one. The best side we will have faced all season.

I didn't like the look of that midfield last night so need a bit more energy and solidity in there.

This is a game where I feel a late sub like Nacho could really turn the tide of the game. Defensive stability is a must but Clinical finishing is also important.

Bravo

Sagna
Ota
Stones
Clichy

Fernando
Diniho
Silva/gudongan

Sterling
Aguero
Sane

I'd play
Quick counter attacking football play on the break

Bravo
Sagna Ota Stones Kolarov
Fernando
Sterling Fernandinho Gundogan Silva
Aguero
Toss up between Fernando or Sane. Went with Fernando for cover and let Fernandinho push forward.

Hoping for a win and think we'll nick it on the break but a draw at Spurs wouldnt be a bad result.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.