Spurs (A) - Tues 14th May, 20:00 | PL | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
City away to Spurs again, our annual upturning of football’s gravity. Ever since Spurs inflicted Pep’s first defeat in English football Spurs have been a bogey side. We have beaten them, of course, at Wembley 3 times as well as a few times at home and most recently in the FA Cup there. They have though pulled out some ridiculous results 2-0 down in Pep’s first season to 2-2 when walker should’ve got a red, the champions league VAR escape, the 2-2 with another VAR escape in injury time, the 3-2 win at ours 2 seasons ago and the 3-3 with an injury ravaged side this season.

That’s before their hoodoo at new White Hart Lane, they have 4 league wins plus the champions league, all to nil, countless misses, a few VAR upsets, 2 missed penalties and overwhelming sense that we’re on cursed ground. The win in the cup should help turn the tide.

This current Spurs side were wobbling so the Burnley result will have steadied the ship. If Villa drop points tonight it will make it a must win for both sides.

Still Spurs are apparently vulnerable to set pieces and counter attacks. We get a lot of set pieces, which are not often well executed but Gvardiol has scored twice from corners in our last 3 games so good delivery might prove very useful. We tend not to play too much on the counter so their vulnerability may not be an issue. The battle between Romero/ Van de Ven and Haaland will be fairly intense.

We should have enough, we’re in great form and we seem to be in final strait mode but it’s Spurs away so there’s always a nagging doubt. It would be the most Spurs result to beat us and finish 5th and give arsenal the title. Hopefully it doesn’t come to pass.
i dont think what Spurs do makes that much difference. It is whether we can execute. I have no doubt we will create enough chances to win the game very comfortably. They will get a few chances on the break, but dealing with Son is a lot easier than Kane+Son which at times became our kryptonite

Villa will lose to l'pool and probably to Palace on Sunday, so Spurs can get 4th place with a win & draw from their last two. In any case once the match starts tomorrow the players AND the crowd will be up for it, you always want your team to do well. City have to go and win two games, end of story.

And although what I say makes sod all difference to Pep's plans, I think they will.
It would be a major surprise IMO if Scousers beat Villa. Their away record is decidedly mediocre especially at the top teams. And they are prob on the beach returning only for the Sun farewell wankfest

The build up to this game is so irritating, like we have no say in the game and its all about what spurs will or wont do
It's been the same in every title race.
It's always City could slip up here, City could slip up there, trying to undermine us and even though we've proven them wrong every time they still never learn.

This is music to Pep and the boys' ears though.

COME ON CITY!!!

City away to Spurs again, our annual upturning of football’s gravity. Ever since Spurs inflicted Pep’s first defeat in English football Spurs have been a bogey side. We have beaten them, of course, at Wembley 3 times as well as a few times at home and most recently in the FA Cup there. They have though pulled out some ridiculous results 2-0 down in Pep’s first season to 2-2 when walker should’ve got a red, the champions league VAR escape, the 2-2 with another VAR escape in injury time, the 3-2 win at ours 2 seasons ago and the 3-3 with an injury ravaged side this season.

That’s before their hoodoo at new White Hart Lane, they have 4 league wins plus the champions league, all to nil, countless misses, a few VAR upsets, 2 missed penalties and overwhelming sense that we’re on cursed ground. The win in the cup should help turn the tide.

This current Spurs side were wobbling so the Burnley result will have steadied the ship. If Villa drop points tonight it will make it a must win for both sides.

Still Spurs are apparently vulnerable to set pieces and counter attacks. We get a lot of set pieces, which are not often well executed but Gvardiol has scored twice from corners in our last 3 games so good delivery might prove very useful. We tend not to play too much on the counter so their vulnerability may not be an issue. The battle between Romero/ Van de Ven and Haaland will be fairly intense.

We should have enough, we’re in great form and we seem to be in final strait mode but it’s Spurs away so there’s always a nagging doubt. It would be the most Spurs result to beat us and finish 5th and give arsenal the title. Hopefully it doesn’t come to pass.
Was gonna post something similar,they have had a lot of if you want to call it luck or rub of the green in games against us,hopefully this game their luck or rub of the green runs out,if we defend well and take our chances we will win ..

It would be a major surprise IMO if Scousers beat Villa. Their away record is decidedly mediocre especially at the top teams. And they are prob on the beach returning only for the Sun farewell wankfest
I agree, i think Villa will be well up for it tonight.
It's their last home game and they know a win guarantees CL football.

Too much talk of spurs not going to turn up, them not wanting arsenal to win etc etc.

That may apply to the fans but I doubt the players give a shit about that. Its not like the players grew up spurs fans with a rivalry with arsenal. Their players will want to beat Man City, they're not going to willingly roll over.

I don't think their manager or the players they have are the type to phone it in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.