Spurs (H) 2nd Leg - Post Match Thread

Can't give away 3 goals at home at this stage of the CL and expect to qualify. Some brilliant performances tonight but David Silva was the proverbial chocolate teapot again and Laporte cost us 2 of those goals & didn't cover himself in glory for the third.

Simple fact is that we weren't brave enough in the first leg. Liverpool scored 4 tonight in Porto when they could have sat back. Ajax went to Madrid & Turin and were true to their footballing beliefs. We lost that game at White Hart Lane.
I agree mate and as much as I love watching this team play part of me feels we’ve fluffed our lines again just like losing to United last year at home for the league. To concede 3 at home in the manner we did is poor end of

Can't give away 3 goals at home at this stage of the CL and expect to qualify. Some brilliant performances tonight but David Silva was the proverbial chocolate teapot again and Laporte cost us 2 of those goals & didn't cover himself in glory for the third.

Simple fact is that we weren't brave enough in the first leg. Liverpool scored 4 tonight in Porto when they could have sat back. Ajax went to Madrid & Turin and were true to their footballing beliefs. We lost that game at White Hart Lane.

Laporte cost us all 3, he was man marking Llorente.

Agree a bit with the first leg but if that penalty goes in and Delph (who was the only fit LB option) doesn't pull a Delph, then we come away with a 1-0 away win and it's a masterclass.

Hopefully it's a learning point for Pep, and the players performances tonight convince him that we just are better when taking the game to people.

Firstly, what an amazing game of football. Absolutely gutted but proud of the lads who put everything into that. Sterling and KDB were phenomenal and didn't deserve to be on the losing side. Not had chance to see the VAR incidents as I have been to the game, but you can not concede 3 goals and expect to go through. Laporte had a mare.

We need to win on Saturday and everyone will be happy again.

Yeah I know what you’re saying but answer me this.

My dad is 74, recovering from having half his kidney removed two weeks ago (cancer), was too tired to stay up tonight and is going to watch it “as live” when he wakes up at 6am. The poor fucker is going to go through all of that, he’s going to celebrate the last minute winner and then he’s going to be so upset, as we all have been.

What the fuck should I do? It actually hurts my heart to imagine and know what he’s gonna go through. Wouldn’t wish it on anyone, let alone a poorly old guy. I’m half wanting to text him and tell him to call me before he watches it rather than let him go through all of that when he’s not well.

I’m sat here, two hours ahead of you lot with no clue what I should do. As I say, it’s pretty cruel either way.

I’d give him a clue that it doesn’t end well for us. Hope he gets better soon

I had a kidney taken out on Thursday. Donated to my son. Against everybody’s wishes I went tonight. I had to be there. Now I feel like I’ve been kicked in the guts

And my son is sat in bed in the childrens hospital in tears trying to come to terms with what he just watched

I’ve promised him we will now smash the domestic treble and he’s definitely gonna be there to see us lift the FA Cup

Typically poor defending from a Pep team in the latter stages of the CL.
You are up against better players so giving Song that much time and space. Naive is the word that springs to mind.
Raheem didn't deserve to be on the losing side though.
Certainly should make retaining the league a tad easier

I’d give him a clue that it doesn’t end well for us. Hope he gets better soon

I had a kidney taken out on Thursday. Donated to my son. Against everybody’s wishes I went tonight. I had to be there. Now I feel like I’ve been kicked in the guts

And my son is sat in bed in the childrens hospital in tears trying to come to terms with what he just watched

I’ve promised him we will now smash the domestic treble and he’s definitely gonna be there to see us lift the FA Cup
Thanks mate. I hope you lad’s ok.

Let's think of it this way......

Spurs will end the season pot less, and possibly out of the top 4.

Liverpool will end the season pot less, and heart broken they haven't won anything again, which will cause much distress and effect them next season.

United will end the season pot less, and probably out of the top 4, and with Ole in charge probably be shit next season as well.

However, we already have two trophies in the bag, in another final and once we've won our next two games, will be top of the league with three to play.

It's not all bad.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.