Spurs (H) 2nd Leg - Post Match Thread

The hand ball is probably technically hand ball, but I must admit that I’d be more than annoyed if we had such a goal ruled out. What really was criminal was the way in which we allowed him a free header at such a crucial moment in the game. One of the centre-backs should have taken charge and ensured we had someone touch-tight on him to put him under real pressure. It could be easily forgiven in most games, but having previously gifted them two goals and worked so hard to get ourselves back into the game, you really can’t allow them to score such a soft goal at that period in the game.

Heads up blues, really really deserved better. We may be out, but the fans, the team showed everything that’s fucking awesome about supporting city. Gutted, but at the same time extremely fucking proud of our players, manager and fans.

Ederson was poor, his inability to save Lorente shit header which caused Laporte to panic & kick it clear???
The cross was Edersons all day where was he????

We look like conceding at every attack in that game tonight, even at 4-2 You just new we had to get another it was shit defending end of.

Son has bummed us in both games he has been class.

For what it's worth it looked hand ball & why did VAR only show 1 view it's a joke.

All season for this 1 week to fuck us over we need to 're group & quick.

I don’t see the logic in blaming ourselves. Yep, we fucked up the first leg, but that handball goal knocked us out. If UEFA did their job properly, we’d be through now after a thrilling tie. We were class tonight, so ain’t being hard on them. Decisions against Liverpool screwed us over last season and it’s the same this year.

"I don't see the logic in blaming ourselves but we fucked up the first leg." Hmmmm.

As for the handball, even our own fans are undecided. Would be irrelevant if we'd defended the corner properly. We didn't get an away goal and conceded three at home. Feels harsh to blame ourselves given how much we dominated tonight but the facts of the matter are inescapable. It wasn't referees, it wasn't UEFA, it was down to us. Turns out battering a team for three quarters of a tie is irrelevant if you give cheap goals away and miss a vital away pen (that was given in fairly soft circumstances)

Can't give away 3 goals at home at this stage of the CL and expect to qualify. Some brilliant performances tonight but David Silva was the proverbial chocolate teapot again and Laporte cost us 2 of those goals & didn't cover himself in glory for the third.

Simple fact is that we weren't brave enough in the first leg. Liverpool scored 4 tonight in Porto when they could have sat back. Ajax went to Madrid & Turin and were true to their footballing beliefs. We lost that game at White Hart Lane.
This!!

Ederson was poor, his inability to save Lorente shit header which caused Laporte to panic & kick it clear???
The cross was Edersons all day where was he????

We look like conceding at every attack in that game tonight, even at 4-2 You just new we had to get another it was shit defending end of.

Son has bummed us in both games he has been class.

For what it's worth it looked hand ball & why did VAR only show 1 view it's a joke.

All season for this 1 week to fuck us over we need to 're group & quick.
Pmsl

if i had a choice of which game to lose, either tonight or saturday i would ave chosen tonight.
a domestic treble will more than comensate thank you very much, now lets win the fuckin lot!

Problem is we weren't given a choice. We could still lose on Saturday. That said, our performance tonight gives me some hope.

Last edited:
Another point, which haven't been raised yet; the corner kick, which led to the corner kick which led to the handball, should've been a goal kick. Ball hits Son's knee.

One question. Why when watching on tv do we have access to multiple angles of the var decision, but the ref on that handball was watching one static vision that showed one angle only

Fucking shite UEFA

VAR just kills everything good about football. The excitement of a last minute winner to feeling empty. Go with the on pitch decision like we’ve done for a 100 years. All this does is allow a faceless UEFA puppet to shaft certain teams.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.