Spurs (H) 2nd Leg - Post Match Thread

football is freaking cruel sometimes, but i trust that pep will deliver you guys a champions league title soon enough. just gotta keep supporting him and the players.

The crowd was amazing tonight, its time to focus and win the league

I’d give him a clue that it doesn’t end well for us. Hope he gets better soon

I had a kidney taken out on Thursday. Donated to my son. Against everybody’s wishes I went tonight. I had to be there. Now I feel like I’ve been kicked in the guts

And my son is sat in bed in the childrens hospital in tears trying to come to terms with what he just watched

I’ve promised him we will now smash the domestic treble and he’s definitely gonna be there to see us lift the FA Cup
Edit: and you mate, hope you’re ok as well.

I’ve sent this:

“Hi Pop, I love and adore you but you’re recovering from a major operation and have a stress ulcer. I’ve spent an hour going backwards and forwards on this but I can’t in good conscience let you watch that game. We lose the tie and go out of the cup on away goals having finished 4-3 on the night.

The reason I have to tell you is because we think we score a 94th winner but it gets ruled out by VAR a minute later after everyone has jumped around celebrating. It’s probably the cruelest thing I’ve experienced as a City fan (relegations included) and I was nearly in tears myself. The thought of you going through that same range of emotions physically hurts my heart and makes me feel sick. I hope you can forgive me for ruining the game but I’d rather tell you and ruin it for you via text than let you go through that same experience. The boys were brilliant and I’m so proud of them, we did everything and thought we’d gone through but we just didn’t quite manage it. Sorry again for trying to ruin it, I posted the situation on the Bluemoon forum and every single reply said I should tell you, as did Poddy.

I’m really not trying to be a kill joy or moddy coddle you, but if the roles were reversed, I would genuinely rather have been told than go through it in ‘real time’ on record and I say that honestly, it was a horribly cruel way to go out. I love you very much and I hope you’re still speaking to me. Xx”

Gundogan and Mendy, dear oh dear. If we’re to win on Saturday these two can’t play. Not having a go at them, would never boo them, would never go OTT but they aren’t good enough based on the players that are on the sidelines or formations we can move to.

I’d give him a clue that it doesn’t end well for us. Hope he gets better soon

I had a kidney taken out on Thursday. Donated to my son. Against everybody’s wishes I went tonight. I had to be there. Now I feel like I’ve been kicked in the guts

And my son is sat in bed in the childrens hospital in tears trying to come to terms with what he just watched

I’ve promised him we will now smash the domestic treble and he’s definitely gonna be there to see us lift the FA Cup
Puts things in perspective.

Hope everyone involved is ok and fingers crossed city give you all sone happiness over the next few weeks.

Just back home and I’ve still not fully processed that maelstrom of a match. I’m hurting and don’t want to analyse where it all went wrong over the two legs or to apportion blame for the outcome - a quick browse through previous posts tells me others have been keen to do that - but I would say that I’m so proud of this sensational team and so proud of the fans tonight.

Now that I’ve had time to calm down a bit, I just want to say...

I am proud of our players, even Eric, who tried to work through a horrid night and will be absolutely destroyed right now. He deserves our support as, unlike some other clubs, we don’t turn on our players when they have a ‘mare.

They did everything to battle through the adversity, showed their class and determination, and if not for two marginal VAR calls, we would be through after probably one of the most entertaining Champions League matches in history.

Centurions, I salute you.

agreed, and our fans at the stadium were brilliant, Pep asked them to be loud and they didn't let him down.

I’m trying to see a big positive here

I think there’s a good chance that if we’d progressed we may have spread ourselves too thinly and ended up with neither of the PL or CL

Now, it’s liverpool that have that problem and they have to deal with it with a much weaker squad

I’m more confident than ever that we will now go on to win the domestic treble

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.