Spurs (H) 2nd Leg - Post Match Thread

From an attacking sense we were fantastic but once again the defensive frailties were massive exposed. Our CBs are not great defenders, and even after we scored the fourth I had the feeling we'd concede.

Ederson doesn't make enough vital saves. That's four errors in three games. We can bemoan VAR but it gave us a penalty last week and we failed to capitalise on it.

Like everything in life you get what you pay for. Unfortunately we baulked at £75m for van Dijk (then spunked a big part of it on Mahrez) and now the scousers are reaping the rewards of doing so. If we'd bought him I dare say we'd now have the title in the bag (Liverpool would be a lot weaker) and maybe still in the CL.

All ifs and buts now but hopefully if the board really want the CL then perhaps they'll start sanctioning signing £100m plus signings if the right player is available, instead of being put off above £60m and risking missing out on the very very best.

DuKWOy_WoAAIeZq.jpg

If there was one trophy I wasnt arsed about this was it. Want the other three. And it wasnt handball at all. No where near as gutted as last season against liverpool, two bloody good teams played a good game tonight. No complaints.
Don’t know how you can say that. I’m 10x more gutted tonight. We already had the league wrapped up and had been stuffed 3-0 in the first leg. Liverpool going through was merely a foregone conclusion. Last night was gut-wrenching.

The ‘refundable’ accommodation we booked ages ago in Madrid was cancelled yesterday because there ‘was a problem with the booking’

And we had to re-book... no doubt for 20 times the original price

I hate everything about this competition !!!

Like everything in life you get what you pay for. Unfortunately we baulked at £75m for van Dijk (then spunked a big part of it on Mahrez) and now the scousers are reaping the rewards of doing so. If we'd bought him I dare say we'd now have the title in the bag (Liverpool would be a lot weaker) and maybe still in the CL.

All ifs and buts now but hopefully if the board really want the CL then perhaps they'll start sanctioning signing £100m plus signings if the right player is available, instead of being put off above £60m and risking missing out on the very very best.

In a way it's easy to play hindsight but anyone could see that Van Dijk was the guy.

Our defenders both individually and collectively are not at the elite level. Laporte was absolutely atrocious last night, Stones has vanished and Otamendi always drops his level in big CL games.

I agree with you entirely about us needing to pay the real big bucks for a defender. I also think there are questions that need to be asked about Edersons shot stopping. He's regressed on that front since he's joined us.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.