Spurs (H) 2nd Leg - Post Match Thread

After the Sterling goal at the end the place went absolutely crazy, during the carnage a young Lady I'd say aged 18-21 in the South Stand block 115 got her leg stuck between the seat post and the barrier between the away fans. She was taken out by the paramedics in some distress, does anybody know if She is ok please Blues?

Well that was a breath of fresh air, absolutely to the point. None of the smoke & mirrors of other pundits.

I'll only add why if Sergio offside is given by the VAR team as they have drawn a line & he's a mm offside

why did the VAR team not have Sergios penalty retaken after Lloris encroaches forward by a yard? I have

yet to see VAR review any penalty for keeper encroachment, why is this?

Next season in the PL every headed goal scored from a corner or from free kick cross into the box will be

subject to VAR review to see if any player not just the goalscorer has blocked, obstructed, held, pushed etc.

I also seem to recollect that a player looked in front of sun for the second goal and was offside. He stooped when son shot and that could be interpreted as distracting the goalkeeper.VAR should look at all goals if it is to be used to it’s true potential.
Rugby League is far in advance and similar systems should be used with referees miked up so we can hear the communications and be aware of reasons why a particular decision has been made.

Forced myself to watch the highlights after getting home last night.

Peter Walton said 'It was a goal BECAUSE he didn't know whether the ball hit his arm and was a handball'. By inference, he's saying that if it hits his hand the goal cannot stand.

UEFA only gave the ref one piece of footage - the one where it's unclear.

Meanwhile, I see an online recording directly behind the goal - the flesh on Llorente's arm ripples as the ball hits it.

Apparently, Rio made that point.

This morning, Mark Halsey on TalkSHITE, describes the current 'there must be intent' rule and next year's changed rule where intent doesn't have to be a factor. He then goes on to describe a new Directive issued to UEFA refs that they must not allow handballed goals - deliberate or otherwise. He spells it out that the goal should have been disallowed. I've a lot of respect for Halsey - bloody good ref - always made it clear to players why he gave certain decisions.

Quite simply, we've been shafted. Why didn't UEFA show the ref the footage showing the ball hitting Llorente's forearm ?

Forced myself to watch the highlights after getting home last night.

Peter Walton said 'It was a goal BECAUSE he didn't know whether the ball hit his arm and was a handball'. By inference, he's saying that if it hits his hand the goal cannot stand.

UEFA only gave the ref one piece of footage - the one where it's unclear.

Meanwhile, I see an online recording directly behind the goal - the flesh on Llorente's arm ripples as the ball hits it.

Apparently, Rio made that point.

This morning, Mark Halsey on TalkSHITE, describes the current 'there must be intent' rule and next year's changed rule where intent doesn't have to be a factor. He then goes on to describe a new Directive issued to UEFA refs that they must not allow handballed goals - deliberate or otherwise. He spells it out that the goal should have been disallowed. I've a lot of respect for Halsey - bloody good ref - always made it clear to players why he gave certain decisions.

Quite simply, we've been shafted. Why didn't UEFA show the ref the footage showing the ball hitting Llorente's forearm ?
Time to drop it now and move fwd, nothing is going to change the result, so we just hope to get three points on sat

totally agree. he was better I think. He was though let down by UEFA and it's stupid one-dimensional use of the VAR system. The only good that will come out of this is that it may make UEFA change the camera angle shots so the ref gets a clearer picture.

To have the ready available angles for all watching at home immediately, and alienate the actual official on the pitch to just the one image is scandalous.

I honestly believe that had he seen the other angles that goal wouldn't have stood
Totally disagree. Numerous times the ref got ahead of play in crowded areas such as near the edge of the Spurs box and once or twice stood still like a statue - another obstacle to get past. Refs are trained to run in a diagonal line across the pitch behind the play for the widest perspective and maximum visibility of what’s going on. This ref was in the thick of the action far too often.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.