Spurs (H) | PL | Post-Match Thread

Think that interview by Pep is a bit weird and ignoring his own impact on how the team have played & the fans have subsequently responded.

He obviously sees the players constantly, but unless he's been fucking about to try to get a reaction, the players have responded to the unfamiliarity. If he's that annoyed at the players, the formation changes/lineups etc isn't really working to get them on board.

It's shocking just how blatantly bad it is at present. With zero explanation and zero VAR review as to the insane decisions.
Again, he barely mentions it in his interview, mentioned quickly the lack of cards for fouls on Rico but he should be furious over the officiating we are getting

What was Pep trying to achieve with that interview? His players come back from 2 unlucky goals down to win and he says they lack passion. The fans give a little boo at half time when 2 down and they lack passion too. I suppose it is an example of his high standards and expectations.
“Little boo”. It was disgusting. I could never boo this team. I just hope those that were booing were targeting the ref - but the TV will escalate this & our fans are now going to be fair game in all the media for a lot of criticism

Sorry i disagree.

Getting the feeling he is unraveling.

The lads showed Guts and passion second half.

His fucking about with the team week in week out is part of the problem.
Behave.

Pep giving the players and fans a rocket and it's what's needed.

Season starts now

Maybe play the same formation as previous season then.

No, the opponents know the formation of last season, which is why Guardiola has switched it up this season.

It's not so much the play, I think, but the desire behind the play. The level is robotic and safe, so the players 'play well'; they can't not so he says the players 'played well'.

But, there's no invention, no desire, no drive in the team at the moment. The second half showed us what he wants.

This is what I see from what he said in post match talks.

So a few bad games at home after winning the league so many times & that’s your attitude?!! Pep is right. The players need a rocket certainly but spoilt fans like you need ditching
I want us to fucking fight and play attacking football. If that's spoilt then fair enough man. But attacking your own fans.. that's real fandom.

I think it is very clever from Pep, personally.

He is choosing a moment where it seems like we have got the passion back (team and supporters) to call out the fact that we haven’t actually. That more work needs to be done. He didn’t just call out the home fans, either—he took responsibility for needing to reignite the fire in the team and the supporters.

Personally, I think this is the exact right time to say these things. Because he wants everyone, especially the players, to know this can’t be the normal performance, because it isn’t sustainable.
Yes, I think you may have something there. His biggest fear is complacency, just because you have won 4 out of 5 titles doesn’t mean you can win the next with less effort, in fact it takes even MORE effort.

Honestly, this is why Pep is the best in the world. He knows when to go public. After years of defending players in the media, it means this will have impact. I can’t get over how good that interview was. We’ve been so bad this season, but that interview kind of reassures me that we will get back to a title winning standard. Might not be this year, but it will come back. Purely because we have Pep and he has standards.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.