Spurs (H) | PL | Post Match Thread

Spurs fucking lucky with the post, both their 2nd and 3rd went in from the post/woodwork.
first half we had two great shots coming our of the post/woodwork

I hope the pitch staff will take this goal and make it disappear/replaced.

Massively frustrating to drop points again, conceding soft, preventable goals.

Each goal contains a fundamental error. Two of them we're not simply not aggressive enough. Gil should be flattened on the edge of their own area before he can even turn. It's 5 minutes in!

Immensely tedious to give them a goal when they could barely keep the ball on the pitch in the first half.

The second goal, idiotic pass into danger from Akanji when Walker is stood 10 yards away. On top of that, he plays it so Alvarez has no option but to hook it, the pass is barely controllable. Pretty much another free gift.

Yet again on the third, it's far too easy for them to bundle the ball through midfield and get a cross in. Again, just commit a foul and defend the free kick, don't allow them into these areas.

City are getting a lot of the game right, but the repeated failure to drive home our advantage in these three games has cost us 6 points now.

We had sufficient chances to be 3 up at half time and it was the same last week. This only serves to give teams confidence and when they make changes and push on, we don't have the top gear to respond, which is either;

- The 10% isn't there mentally at the moment (not aggressive enough in the boxes)
- Injuries and the patchwork nature of our team throughout this season
- Players just worn out

It doesn't feel like we have sufficient control of the game in the second half currently either, especially when we're only a goal ahead. Everything becomes frenetic, our attacks often break down quickly and we look disjointed. I was surprised to see Spurs actually had more possession second half.

Might just be time for Rico to step into midfield if Stones is going to be absent again. He might just change the dynamic and re-establish control for us.

Late to the party here.

We just weren't good enough in or out of possession today. We're an extremely wasteful team at times and go through periods where we just can't defend.

Watching that back there's just too many loose passes, too may half arsed challenges and some pretty poor finishing by our standards. I also think it looks like we're playing in shackles too often. The only place on the pitch we take risks is at the back. In the final 3rd we're so slow and always give teams time to get back. When we play forward with pace we usually make something of it. Take the handbrake off!

Disappointed but only we can change it. The ref had a shocker at the end but if we're relying on that to get us 3 points we're clutching at straws. We could have and should have been out of sight.

Alisson saving that Foden's shot to the lower left corner going through the forest of legs and Eddie not saving Lo Celso's this afternoon is what's been happening to us since September. Finding extremely difficult to score and so easy to concede. The number of goals we've been shipping is just not normal and the set up of our MF is just not right.
I read Pep's thoughts in todays Observer before jumping into the car and I almost knew it was going to be bad.
We are ticking all the wrong boxes right now, our goal is like a ball-magnet, the second half shit performances are as regular as the rain coming across The Irish Sea, total loss of player's concentration and the game control, conceding late goals, all the boxes ticked. He better change something in our game, because this shit is not working. I actually feel quite dejected, better off going to bed. No more home games for me until mid February.

That's some lie in.

The ref didn't help with that decision at the end and there was no guarantee jack would have scored. We again gifted them goals. Just really poor decision making to turn the ball around. Don't want to point fingers at Haaland but a play of his talent should be burying the 2 clear chances he had. We are not clinical enough and then are being left wide open on the counter attack.

I'm more concerned about our fitness after 70 mins. We will get it right I assume but there's alot of work to do. We are massively missing Gundo, Stones & Kev.

As much as I love Kyle is he a leader, we are conceding easy goals that start on that side. really frustrating, especially watching Arsenal grind results out by being solid.

Massively frustrating to drop points again, conceding soft, preventable goals.

Each goal contains a fundamental error. Two of them we're not simply not aggressive enough. Gil should be flattened on the edge of their own area before he can even turn. It's 5 minutes in!

Immensely tedious to give them a goal when they could barely keep the ball on the pitch in the first half.

The second goal, idiotic pass into danger from Akanji when Walker is stood 10 yards away. On top of that, he plays it so Alvarez has no option but to hook it, the pass is barely controllable. Pretty much another free gift.

Yet again on the third, it's far too easy for them to bundle the ball through midfield and get a cross in. Again, just commit a foul and defend the free kick, don't allow them into these areas.

City are getting a lot of the game right, but the repeated failure to drive home our advantage in these three games has cost us 6 points now.

We had sufficient chances to be 3 up at half time and it was the same last week. This only serves to give teams confidence and when they make changes and push on, we don't have the top gear to respond, which is either;

- The 10% isn't there mentally at the moment (not aggressive enough in the boxes)
- Injuries and the patchwork nature of our team throughout this season
- Players just worn out

It doesn't feel like we have sufficient control of the game in the second half currently either, especially when we're only a goal ahead. Everything becomes frenetic, our attacks often break down quickly and we look disjointed. I was surprised to see Spurs actually had more possession second half.

Might just be time for Rico to step into midfield if Stones is going to be absent again. He might just change the dynamic and re-establish control for us.
TBF Rico really doesn't look ready - we can't expect him to lead the midfield as a teenager - in one of the best resourced clubs in the world - that is a huge step down if it comes to that.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.