Spurs (H) | PL | Post Match Thread

Let's use the from
The game was a microcosm of all the lazy and sloppy habits that have crept into our game this season. Yes, we've got injuries, but we're not alone, and there was never a better time to play Tottenham

For whatever reason we're not controlling the tempo and we've lost our clinical edge.

We can still win the league, but we need to start stamping our authority on games and stop hiding behind this myth that everything will suddenly be okay when Stones and De Bruyne return
Well let's use the anger from the appalling decision (or non decision) from the referee as the rocket up the arse the team needs and be the catalyst to fire the team up into getting a winning run together. We've done it before, we can do it again. There's 24 games left and we are only 4 points off the top, the others will slip up and have their bad patches.

It could have been worse, we could have lost those 3 games and been even further off the pace. Is it a case of that we've been spoilt over the past decade and are becoming "entitled" to win everything. Let's hope not, let's remember that there will be barren periods between trophies but hopefully not the 35 years we had to endure before 2011.

The same thing can apply to every professional sportsperson.
You can't buy to cover every potential injury or suspension.
That's true but also a bit simplistic. If a player has a great record with respect to injuries, i.e. is rarely injured and rarely out for long when they are, then that's one thing. When a player has a history of not being able to string a run of games together without getting crocked, then you have to take a different view, don't you.

For example, we can probably rely on Foden, whereas relying on Stones to the same extent, would be idiotic.

The ref didn't help with that decision at the end and there was no guarantee jack would have scored.
True dat.

However, if Grealish continued the attack and if he had scored, that would have forced VAR to intervene/review the goal and award it, overcoming the ref's decision.

that game is trend topic in turkey as of today due to the last minute ref decision.
we are very experienced about those stuff. i dont wanna talk much about that annoying subject. but the problem in world football is getting bigger and bigger. and probably there will not be a turning point.

a new european league should be established, with a new governing body. all the system must be cleaned.

cheers

I know he's the butt of much criticism on here but Phillips and Rodri should be starting together (when available). Phillips just in front of the defence, Rodri slightly more advanced. The midfield is getting overrun when we give possession away so cheaply. Rodri can't do it on his own - unfair to think he can. Both players are capable of playing decent forward passes and seeing the attacking options - so yes, creativity may suffer slightly - but not to the extent some would have us believe and we'd have more of a control on the area that is getting swamped, targeted and bypassed at the moment. I'm afraid - as good as a worker and as busy as he is - Alvarez is the weakest link imo. Put Phil or Bernardo in there (swap them around during the game - one on the right, one in the hole. Oh, and I'd start with Grealish - at the moment we're some hybrid team that is trying to play possession football on the break!

Thinking a lot more rationally now;

The ref cheated us but we should NEVER have been in a situation where the dumbass with the whistle should have that much of an effect in the outcome of the game.

Not good enough from city but you have to have faith that’s a long as we’re in striking distance towards the end of the season we’ll pull it together again!

Very frustrating match. I agree with a lot of the criticism here, particularly 2nd half we were relatively poor, and gave the ball away far too much, but still by any standards we were far the better team overall. Hit the woodwork twice, Haaland missed an unbelievable sitter, our press forced them into multiple errors trying to pass out of defence etc.

We could easily have played the same game and won 5-1, and everyone would be saying we're unstoppable.

Football's like that sometimes.

We're second in the league and top of our CL group. It's not perfect, but it's not at all bad.

Very frustrating match. I agree with a lot of the criticism here, particularly 2nd half we were relatively poor, and gave the ball away far too much, but still by any standards we were far the better team overall. Hit the woodwork twice, Haaland missed an unbelievable sitter, our press forced them into multiple errors trying to pass out of defence etc.

We could easily have played the same game and won 5-1, and everyone would be saying we're unstoppable.

Football's like that sometimes.

We're second in the league and top of our CL group. It's not perfect, but it's not at all bad.
We're third.

Behind the scousers.

The ref blew the whistle, it wouldn't have been reviewed by var, the freekick had already been given
thats why he blew the whistle... he just did not take the risk of Grealish's scoring a goal. I ve read a comment today. the guy wrote ''if i were Pep, i would order the team to concede a goal, maybe an own goal, just to fuck those betting barons(whatever you call them)'' :))) wouldnt that be nice ? :))

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.