Spurs (H) | PL | Post Match Thread

Can I just say, spurs should be docked points for that horrendous kit yesterday.
Wow great minds and all that!! I was just coming on to ask what on earth they were wearing and what colour it was supposed to be!! It was horrendous you are quite correct, in fact I’d go so far as to say it should be banned and the match either awarded to us or declared null and void!! ;-)

I’ve only just watched MOTD2 so only just seen it.

We just lack midfield control. Rodri is doing a lot more than he should be doing , Gundo last season helped control the midfield. We miss a Gundo type player probably why Pep wants Paqueta his work rate and ability would transform our midfield. Would help Rodri massively. Midfield is so important to how we play , our midfield last season was the best in Europe. But we’ve lost two of the most crucial parts to that midfield in Gundo who has left and Kev to injury.
We miss midfield control because Pep is playing one less midfielder than last season. Alvarez doesn’t do the same midfield work that Gundo did. This isn’t meant to be a criticism of Alvarez. He’s just not a midfielder, so we’re one short. And as you say we’re also missing KDB too, that’s a huge out.

Let's use the from

Well let's use the anger from the appalling decision (or non decision) from the referee as the rocket up the arse the team needs and be the catalyst to fire the team up into getting a winning run together. We've done it before, we can do it again. There's 24 games left and we are only 4 points off the top, the others will slip up and have their bad patches.

It could have been worse, we could have lost those 3 games and been even further off the pace. Is it a case of that we've been spoilt over the past decade and are becoming "entitled" to win everything. Let's hope not, let's remember that there will be barren periods between trophies but hopefully not the 35 years we had to endure before 2011.
I agree with your comments but my original post wasn't aimed solely at the last three games.
We were just as sloppy in some of the matches that were eventually won, (Bramall Lane being the best example), and even if we'd won 4-3 yesterday it.wouldnt have resolved our wider issues.
As.you say, it's not a disaster, and we've faced far worse problems.. However I just think it will take another transfer before we're back firing on all cylinders

All very true, but the mini-window in which we had Stones this season was comfortably our best football of the season - the 6-1 against Bournemouth and 0-3 at United had all of the stamps of a solid City side. It's really telling that when Dias, Stones and Rodri all play, we look a massively better side.
Not disagreeing, but if we're that reliant on Stones being fit, then we need a decent transfer window to cater for when he isn't fit.

I know we're in a "try to locate why things aren't working" mode but may I suggest things are fine and it just sort of sometimes happens in football. We've crushed spurs on the stats and the eye test yesterday, created loads of chances and didn't win. This happened to us even on our best season. We're 5 wins out of 5 in the CL, were 3 points behind top spot in the PL in December. We've already won the super cup this season. Things are fine! We'll still be up there end of the season.

Guess it was a bad day at the office day, but we really must get that office cleaned and all repairs made..... that's repairs to personnel of course, like JB, Nunes and KDB.
Plus we have 2 suspensions don't we? Jack and Rhodri?

We have, contrary to popular belief, a small squad.

We are currently missing KDB and John Stones, both of whom are key players.

We have other injuries too. And recruits who are (hopefully) adjusting to Pep's system and demands.

Despite all this, inexplicably, we are not in mid-table.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.