Spurs (H) Post Match Thread

Agreed, but what about the incidents they choose not to review?

Let's suppose Spurs scored the winner in the 93rd minute, but VAR revealed it had struck a Spurs players' arm on the way through. And yet Mr X in the VAR room is a spurs fan and decides to ignore it?

How do we stop that happening with VAR as it stands?

Of course such cheating was possible before, but at least it had to be done in full view of 50,000 "auditors". Now it can be done in secret and no-one has any idea.

That's exactly why I think that the on-field referee should still, in rare cases, have the authority to overrule the VAR decision. Then we all see it, and he can justify himself if he chooses in a post-match interview. VAR can be wrong! This has to be recognised.

That's exactly why I think that the on-field referee should still, in rare cases, have the authority to overrule the VAR decision. Then we all see it, and he can justify himself if he chooses in a post-match interview. VAR can be wrong! This has to be recognised.

To be picky, I don't think VAR is often, if ever, wrong.

What's wrong is that humans are being allowed to interpret the results as they see fit. This is a huge problem, because not only are these humans much less visible and much less accountable, VAR is also picking up many more infringements. So there's a huge volume of incidents, of opportunities, to frig the results.

But that's exactly my point! VAR is not just a mindless machine, that's been pre-programmed (and even then, it wouldn't be mindless, because it would have been pre-programmed, like your and my computer, according to certain preconceptions of people in Palo Alto, or wherever. There's a mind behind every single machine we operate). VAR has to be operated by people. As soon as you have human intervention, you have interpretation.

VAR has the opportunity to be a great tool if it’s used correctly, like in rugby and cricket and tennis. I firmly believe though, it’s only as good as the person reviewing it, there is no transparency or accountability. Let the referee make the decision if it needs to be looked at.
The game is worth billions, it should be put on big screens, not shrouded in secrecy to allow personal interpretations/bias to sway the decision.
As much as I want to believe there isn’t an agenda to try and level up the PL and try and rein us in. The ineptitude and suspect/selective use of VAR is what is infuriating for the fans.
EVERYONE could clearly see the takedown of Rodri, yet the officials nor VAR wanted to acknowledge it as a foul, but less than 30 seconds later Sterling is being booked for exactly the same offence on the half way line.
Inconsistency? Absolutely.
Favouritism and bottling it. Absolutely.

Read it how you like, VAR is the new tool to try and stifle us. This will not be happing to the media darlings.

Read it how you like, VAR is the new tool to try and stifle us. This will not be happening to the media darlings.

Says it all really. When was the last time Liverpool or United were the victims of a terrible refereeing blunder? I struggle to remember one.

It happens to us most weeks.

Agreed, but what about the incidents they choose not to review?

Let's suppose Spurs scored the winner in the 93rd minute, but VAR revealed it had struck a Spurs players' arm on the way through. And yet Mr X in the VAR room is a spurs fan and decides to ignore it?

How do we stop that happening with VAR as it stands?

Of course such cheating was possible before, but at least it had to be done in full view of 50,000 "auditors". Now it can be done in secret and no-one has any idea.
Perhaps 55,000 people singing “Where the fuck is VAR?” might make them do their jobs properly.

VAR has the opportunity to be a great tool if it’s used correctly, like in rugby and cricket and tennis. I firmly believe though, it’s only as good as the person reviewing it, there is no transparency or accountability. Let the referee make the decision if it needs to be looked at.
The game is worth billions, it should be put on big screens, not shrouded in secrecy to allow personal interpretations/bias to sway the decision.
As much as I want to believe there isn’t an agenda to try and level up the PL and try and rein us in. The ineptitude and suspect/selective use of VAR is what is infuriating for the fans.
EVERYONE could clearly see the takedown of Rodri, yet the officials nor VAR wanted to acknowledge it as a foul, but less than 30 seconds later Sterling is being booked for exactly the same offence on the half way line.
Inconsistency? Absolutely.
Favouritism and bottling it. Absolutely.

Read it how you like, VAR is the new tool to try and stifle us. This will not be happing to the media darlings.

Lack of transparency is a massive issue.

Why are VAR officials/ referees so reluctant to show the incidents and reasoning for their decisions ? Imo it is this that approach that invites the suggestion of corruption by the officials .

Lack of transparency is a massive issue.

Why are VAR officials/ referees so reluctant to show the incidents and reasoning for their decisions ?

From the evidence we have seen following the Spurs game, the VAR team and referees clearly do not understand the rules as written, but are " interpretting " them to prove that both sets of officials were correct in their decisions. The blatant display of ignorance of the rules is more than likely the reason for their reluctance to allow supporters the incident together with the decision.

Based upon last week, a statement of why the decision has been made together with photographic evidence will only serve to show their clear and collective failure to arrive at the correct decision , and that is what they desperately do not reveal to supporters.

Whether this is to avoid criticism or for more clandestine purposes is another matter entirely .

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.