Spurs (H) - Post-Match Thread

Spurs really have been our bogey team over the past couple of seasons - but we're still favourites to win the title with 12 games to go, which we'd have been happy to accept at the start of the season.
No need to panic just yet.

I must say,, as I don't know what it looked like on TV, we missed having an actual striker today, imo.
All it looked like on tv was half the team having an off day, us allowing Kane to do whatever he wanted for 90 minutes and schoolboy defending for all three goals

not sure lack of decent chances was the problem today

A media black out is good for the soul now and then.
Exactly. I do this every time we have a sickener like this and forget all about footy for 3 days, it really helps, you should try it.
Fortunately we're a brilliant team with an amazing manager so I don't have do it very often.

Last edited:
Spurs really have been our bogey team over the past couple of seasons - but we're still favourites to win the title with 12 games to go, which we'd have been happy to accept at the start of the season.
No need to panic just yet.
There was always going to be a few slips and missed heart beats

Just like Palace in many ways.
Spurs played a triangle of 3 defenders on both the left and right if their box with a triangle of 3 in front. They outnumbered us on both flanks when we attacked by pushing a centre half out wide to form the triangle when we put the ball out to the flank. This totally relied on us NOT pushing the ball down the centre for a foot race, chipping the ball over the top or running at the heart of their defence. Rodri was quickly challenged whenever he got the ball and his passing was a bit wayward as a result. It worked like a charm.
We didn't help by being very sluggish when attacking and not picking up their runners from deep when they broke.
We really need to mix it up more. The occasional chip over the top for a foot race does work wonders.

Last edited:
I thought spuds game plan worked perfectly today: waited to capitalize on a mistake, broke away and punished us. I've no argument with the win but..fuck me, did they land in no man's zone somewhere in eastern Ukraine? The Russian snipers were picking them off with ease. That is the one side of the English game that I hate. Get it fucking sorted Pigmol!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.