Spurs (H) - Post-Match Thread

I just hope we done regret picking up a point today. We weren't our, best and there have been games we deserved to llose that we ended up winning. But a point could be important in April and May and, regardless of how we played, we should have seen out the game once we had that in the bag.
100 per cent. Gundog said the same.

Very bad day at the office today. We were truly awful at the back and toothless at the front.

KDB tried really hard but was very poor. I’m more concerned about Foden though. What has happened to him the last several weeks ? He’s been terrible.

I don’t think it changes anything viz a viz the league. We just need to regroup and come out fighting the next game.

The Boys inBlue didn’t give in. They fought to the end. We didn’t exactly show’em but we didn’t give in. Thank you City. Thank you lads. I am going to say thank you fans because the ones round me really joined in today but I shouted for the South stand to sing quite a few times. They were very quiet today!

We needed Stones and Diaz today.

However, on the bright side, we are still Champions of England and still will be next season! :-)
Your usual refrain is misguided. They did give in, and didn't fight to the end.

An if only moment. I think it was a game for our strongest 11 and that should have included Mahrez and Stones.
That's the surprising aspect of all this. I think pretty much everyone agrees that Diaz and Stones are our best pair for the big games. Yes, Laporte has scored a couple of goals lately but that doesn't mean he's necessarily one of the best starting pair. It's a bit like swapping van Dick in and out for certain games.

I don't mind the timing of this loss, it's a wake up call before a crucial run of games. It's okay, we were gonna drop points at some point, just happened to be today, there is a reason that earlier run was important, the points cushion helps. Poor performances and what not, it could have been a great performance another day and we would've lost or drawn. Let's just keep it calm, this will drive them to do better and go on another run again.

I just hope we done regret picking up a point today. We weren't our, best and there have been games we deserved to llose that we ended up winning. But a point could be important in April and May and, regardless of how we played, we should have seen out the game once we had that in the bag.
Agreed, it's natural though to have your tails up once we had the equalizer and go for it. Hindsight both teams should have seen out the game with an entertaining draw and taken the point. The writing was on the wall Kane was in the mood to hurt us bad! .

Last edited:
Shit game, shit result, shit implications for the season ahead.

it is nice seeing some posters we’ve Not seen for a while now

Spurs have two amazing players Son and Kane, I was surprised our usually miserly defence didn’t close them down, Dias , this season , hasn’t been as dominant as last , not sure if Laporte being slow on the turn and regularly out of position played a part in his performance, but the whole backline didn’t seem to be martialed by him. Bernardo wasted as false nine, missed his work rate, his chasing back and winning the ball, the Kane second goal gundo couldn’t keep up with Kane running back , even though gundo was one of our best feel we missed that in midfield.All spurs goals were well taken but our defending was atrocious.Didn’t feel midfield and defence were gelling today.
Agree Foden had a shocker, not sure if because he was on right side or he is distracted off field.
Agree Pep often frustrates by not using subs earlier when things not looking like they are going well( never quite understood it).
But it’s hard to Moan about losing first game since October , it’s always a sickner when it finally happens and hopefully we’ll go on another run now to make up for it.
I’m sure Pep( the reason we are treated to this entertainment and success) has seen things today which might change his thinking for the future, but I’d hate to see the same side play against Liverpool cos I think it might give same result.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.