Spurs (H) - Post-Match Thread

Shocking, but the warning signs were there even last week v Norwich, We we’re all over the place defensively until Sterling scored.

Today we weren’t aware of where each other were and we certainly weren’t aware of where Spurs players were. Was that Dias that stupidly headed the ball backwards over his head to the breaking Spurs players? Amateurish. Too many poor performances today, nobody apart from Eddie was a 7/10. Our best outfield players (Gundo & KDB) turned in no more than a 6/10. They both tried to create but the rest were way below par. Foden & Silva were awful and either of them should have been subbed before Sterling. Rodri created nothing and prevented nothing. Despite all this, we could have won it if not for Lloris & the post; but to equalise in the 92nd minute and then concede again after losing posession in attack was stupidity. Hopefully we recover quickly.

Shocking, but the warning signs were there even last week v Norwich, We we’re all over the place defensively until Sterling scored.

Today we weren’t aware of where each other were and we certainly weren’t aware of where Spurs players were. Was that Dias that stupidly headed the ball backwards over his head to the breaking Spurs players? Amateurish. Too many poor performances today, nobody apart from Eddie was a 7/10. Our best outfield (Gundo & KDB) turned in no more than a 6/10. They both tried to create but the rest were way below par. Foden & Silva were awful and either of them should have been subbed before Sterling. Rodri created nothing and prevented nothing. Despite all this, we could have won it if not for Lloris & the post; but to equalise in the 92nd minute and then concede again after losing posession in attack was stupidity. Hopefully we recover quickly.
We hit the post? I must have missed that.

At least three were close in the first 20 minutes, one of those days, we’re not entitled to win every game.
Long distance curling shots are not chances. There wasn't one moment where I was out of my seat thinking how did we not score that. We had a lot of the ball on the edge of the area but didn't get through their defence and get one on one with the keeper. Our goals were fortunate.

I must say,, as I don't know what it looked like on TV, we missed having an actual striker today, imo.

I would also like to break up the Dias and Laporte partnership as it doesn't balance as well as it looks. Literally, Laporte tends to switch off and I was there wondering how Kane managed a 'blind side' run through the middle of defence!!

I've never been happy with the pairing we have and Stones deserves a chance to resurrect the wall he had with Dias now.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.