Spurs (H) - Post-Match Thread

A bad day at the office. Got done on the break 3 times & many opposition fans are just loving it.

I was surprised Mahrez was on the bench. Foden hasn't been in good form since his bromance with Grealish & for me today he was anonymous. We should have brought Mahrez on at 60 mins, but I was shocked to see Sterling go off & not the mostly ineffective Foden! WTF! :-|

There were always gonna be days like today where we dominated every aspect of the game apart from the most important, goals scored. Kane put in a great interview for our striker slot, & showed the importance of having a clinical striker, who can drop deep, create & is lethal in front of goal.

My Spurs supporting kin in London are acting like they couldn't care less if they won another match this season. This is the match they wanted to win, so fair play to them. They defended deep with 7 men & played like their lives depended on this result & played excellent counter-attacking football which kept causing us grief at the back. They also had 7 days to prepare, when we had an away match in the CL, & a hairy plane journey home, so in terms of preparedness, they held the advantage.

Foden needs a rest & needs to rediscover the zest he had earlier in the season. He's young & will learn from matches like today, but I believe he needs to be taken out of the firing line for a couple of games. In his defence, he's been played out of position, but mostly done well when needed.

Anyway, Fuck it. We pick ourselves up. Analyse what went wrong on Monday, fix it & we kick on & go again. Fuckin gutted though... :-(

The Boys inBlue didn’t give in. They fought to the end. We didn’t exactly show’em but we didn’t give in. Thank you City. Thank you lads. I am going to say thank you fans because the ones round me really joined in today but I shouted for the South stand to sing quite a few times. They were very quiet today!

We needed Stones and Diaz today.

However, on the bright side, we are still Champions of England and still will be next season! :-)

Would love if it Leeds beat the dippers this week.
We just need to start again and get a run going
No chance mate, Liverpool's squad suddenly looks deeper than ours. Jota and Firmino missing today, but they still had a front three of Diaz, Mane, and Salah. Liverpool won't drop many more points this season

The team looked how I was feeling about this game !
Its bloody spurs and we never beat them.
I wasnt confident before ko and never thought the game.

Kean and Son always do us no matter who there manager is.

As someone told me counter attacking isnt parking the bus. So what is City having 90% procession and spurs having all the players behind the ball ?

We had no room to move. They plan was simple who every gets the ball in the middle hit it long to Son and Kean and City couldnt stop it

Words fail me after that, so amateurish all round and if Pep comes out and defends that performance I'll be livid. We never got a grip of that tonight, our defence were non existent as was Ederson, a static midfield who have nobody in front of them to pass to, and no striker because of the fuck up in the summer window. Motm, couldn't honestly pick one, fours and fives all round tonight.
Not sure what Eddie did to piss you off?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.