Spurs (H) - Post-Match Thread

Why is John stones not getting a game? as much as I like Laporte, Dias and stones just work on so many more levels seems strange considering they were utterly dominant last season and maybe John stone's best season in a city shirt. I hope its not to be keeping Laporte happy after hearing he wanted to leave..

Rodri had a shocker, particularly in the first half. They play the same way everytime and profit. Kane drags a CB forwards, someone times a run in behind. Liverpool will look to do the same.

Either our whole defensive line steps up with Kane, our DM man marks him or the CBs drop as soon as Kane drops deep.

But in general we had plenty of chances and didn't take them and let's be honest, Kane showed us what we are missing!

But they've been a thorn in our side so let's move on. Third loss of the season, first in ages and still in our hands. No need to panic yet but a reminder for all the players that we need to keep our focus.

At 2-2 it is natural to go for the win but Walker had nothing on so it was a crossfield hoof or a back to the keeper job. Instead he just gives it away and then is nowhere near Kane for his winner.

Squad has been very good for the majority of the season so just like when we lost on the opening day, I will avoid panicking for now.

Our defenders were shite today. Even the rags would have fancied their chances against us today. Play like that against Liverpool and we'll get battered.
Play like that against United and we will lose. Cannot defend like that against teams with quick players. I don’t think I’ve seen an easier goal scored all season than that first one. What was it? 5 passes from the keeper and in the net without us touching it or even getting close to touching it. Absolutely amateurish defending today all game.

if scouser win game in hand and beat us we are level right ?
Well, theres 6 weeks to go before that game so we'd both need to win all our games for that to happen. They might, we won't.

It's not unfathomable for us to be going onto that game needing a win to stay in the race. Not saying it will happen but based on recent performances (arsenal, tonight, Southampton, Brentford) I'm less than confident we will not drop more points over the next few weeks

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.