Spurs (H) - Post-Match Thread

He left Kev and Cancelo on and they gave the ball away routinely
Yeah but they’re also the most likely to create something out of nothing. It’s more so the areas where you lose the ball that cause problems. It’s more dangerous central when a loss of possession can quickly be turned into a pass into Kane’s feet.
That said, a lot of the issues were being caused by Kev firing passes into crowded central areas.

Cold light of day and all that. Here I’m surrounded by dippers who obviously will have a spring in their steps but and it’s a big but i honestly think this will be a wake up call for the team. If this doesn’t motivate the side when in essence we haven’t just gone shite then I don’t know what. Onwards and upwards blues.

Zinchenko is not a patch on Cancelo as a player and KDB wins us many matches with his individual brilliance alone, not forgetting how his work rate sets the tone for those around him. To play Jesus over him is completely illogical, and I like him as a player.
I think that’s a bit of a nonsense to be honest. Zinchenko doesn’t have the match winning quality that Cancelo has but he is far more stable in terms of game to game performances and his retention and contribution to the rhythm helps us so much.

Pep thoroughly outcoached by Conte tonight, sadly

Yep, for some reason of late, he is has tweaked Foden and Bernardo positions?

They are far too high against a five and when you have Kev's high risk passing added into the mix, it doesn't take much for decent teams to break on us.

We are at our most effective when Foden and Bernie make the three in the engine room, simply because Rodri doesn't have the engine and people run off the back of him.

For me, there is a time and place for Kev to be in the team at the same time as all the other attackers.

Mahrez is pivotal right now and if that means one of Kev or Phil needs to start on the bench and we are more solid, then that's what we do.

Gundo in the false nine, Bernie and Phil in the middle with Rodri and Mahrez wide right, that's my preferred starters.

He absolutely was. And any one saying different doesnt know whats going on
Shame he's been crap all season & will be playing in the Europa next season or the Europa conference like this. If he was that good he'd drag Spurs into 4th past a shite rag team. Let's hope he does, doubt it though they'll be back to being crap next week after their cup final today.
He had one good ffs today & been average for months.
City had an off day & the defence was poor.
That's why we lost nothing to do with not having Kane.
City have done amazing to be top of the league & won it last season without a striker.
One bad game & the media & some on here knee jerking about Kane ffs, laughable tbh
We need a striker especially in Europe to add another dimension but personally I'm glad we didn't jizz 150m on an ageing Kane.

I had forgotten what it was like.
In the 90s (and a fair part of the 80s), I'd forget what winning was like.
This is a brilliant team, and it hasn't suddenly become not one because Kane turned in a performance that is way above anything else he's done this season.

Something that I find odd, though: Son can outrun virtually any of our defenders, with the possible exception of Walker, and we know that because he does it again and again and again. There must be some tactical way of making provision for that, when you're the most tactically astute manager in the world?

As for Spurs being our bogey team, I sometimes get the impression that people want to invent a bogey team to give themselves a thrill, like going to see the latest Scream. We thrashed that team 3-0 at our gaff just last season, and totally outplayed them in one of the biggest matches of the last forty years for them at Wembley.
You mean like playing Walker at CB and have him do a man to man marking job on Son for the entire game?

Reactions: OB1
Infuriating to lose that game. A lifeline getting the penalty and then giving a goal away is just horrendous.

Doesn't help that defensively we played the worst we've ever played under Pep. Nobody played well and Rodri couldn't make simple passes.

Next two games suddenly very big.

They were always very big mate, as a few have been saying for a while.

Everton and United will play exactly the same way.

It's all about perception and Liverpool have the momentum right now.

I can't fathom why some thought games at Palace, Wolves, Leeds and Burnley won't be just as tough in this run-in?

They are real bastard fixtures at the business end.

I have a slight hope Leeds will get a result today and take that into getting something at Liverpool.

Win our next two games and our result yesterday will have clearly focused a few minds.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.