Spurs lose the 2012 Stadium to West Ham

And what are Spurs going to lose out on?

Matchday Revenues

Barcelona lag behind arch-rivals Real Madrid in the matchday revenues stakes, while Manchester United and Arsenal are comfortably 2nd and 3rd thanks to their high-capacity stadiums. It remains to be seen if United fans boycotting matches in protest of the debt will have a significant impact in 10/11, and we might have Arsenal overtaking United if that is the case.

Both Tottenham and Liverpool earn roughly the same amount from their Matchday activities – but still less than half of Arsenal or United. How important is a new stadium to these clubs? Roughly to the tune of 50m-60m per year

From here-

Read more: <a class="postlink" href...lens.com/money-talks-analy ... z1DaOxOpdX</a>

My problem with giving it to the spuds is that they just wanted the free land to build a stadium on and brand new free links from the tfl! West ham actually need it and will keep this Olymipc legacy that everyone bangs on about!!!

It's funny, what people have failed to grasp, that whatever the outcome of tomorrow's vote (and the Spammers will win it) the "battle" will be lost to them... then the OPLC will begin a very public disection of every aspect of their bid over the next 3-4 months which takes us very nicely to the end of the season.... when.. (or I suppose if) they get relegated the OPLC have their get out of jail free card with Spurs waiting in the wings....

We have already promised help to Orient in converting the Hockey stadium for their use... they have 4 of our youngsters on loan and we are paying the kids wages too... our relationship with Orient is excellent unlike Wet Spams....

All the parts of the stadium that will be dismantled will be used at the Crystal Palace refurbishment.....all of the costs borne by Spurs and AEG...... so the £500m spent by the taxpayers, none of it will be wasted (are you listening Karen Brady you loudmouth, loathesome whore)....

West Ham, are taking an £80m loan from Newham Council (taxpayers money) to convert the stadium and then will play in front of 25,000 fans holding binoculars... oh dear.... someone has fucked up big time......

Oh well.... just a few months to wait for them to change their decision.....

Bayern Munich, Lazio/Roma, Espanyol, Hertha Berlin are just some of the clubs that have moved out of or are moving out of stadia with athletics tracks......

marcspurs said:
It's funny, what people have failed to grasp, that whatever the outcome of tomorrow's vote (and the Spammers will win it) the "battle" will be lost to them... then the OPLC will begin a very public disection of every aspect of their bid over the next 3-4 months which takes us very nicely to the end of the season.... when.. (or I suppose if) they get relegated the OPLC have their get out of jail free card with Spurs waiting in the wings....

We have already promised help to Orient in converting the Hockey stadium for their use... they have 4 of our youngsters on loan and we are paying the kids wages too... our relationship with Orient is excellent unlike Wet Spams....

All the parts of the stadium that will be dismantled will be used at the Crystal Palace refurbishment.....all of the costs borne by Spurs and AEG...... so the £500m spent by the taxpayers, none of it will be wasted (are you listening Karen Brady you loudmouth, loathesome whore)....

West Ham, are taking an £80m loan from Newham Council (taxpayers money) to convert the stadium and then will play in front of 25,000 fans holding binoculars... oh dear.... someone has fucked up big time......

Bayern Munich, Lazio/Roma, Espanyol, Hertha Berlin are just some of the clubs that have moved out of or are moving out of stadia with athletics tracks......

So what you are saying then, if I understand it correctly is -

Please, please, please dont let West Ham get the stadium otherwise I will squeam and squeam and squeam until I am sick!

BoyBlue_1985 said:
My problem with giving it to the spuds is that they just wanted the free land to build a stadium on and brand new free links from the tfl! West ham actually need it and will keep this Olymipc legacy that everyone bangs on about!!!

Ignorance must be so blissful.....

FREE LAND TO BUILD A STADIUM.......

The stadium is built..... we will take away the temporary parts of the structure that were meant to be taken away after the Olympics....

West Ham are desperately trying to find a way of removing the track in 4 or 5 years time when no one really cares or is interested..... then where will their legacy be??

At least our proposal of refurbing the Crystal Palace Athletics Stadium will mean Athletics will have it's own new purpose built arena and facilities.....

fbloke said:
marcspurs said:

So what you are saying then, if I understand it correctly is -

Please, please, please dont let West Ham get the stadium otherwise I will squeam and squeam and squeam until I am sick!

Not at all, I fully expect to get the stadium eventually, when the powers that be realise that the only financially viable solution is ours.... the one that uses no public money... they one that guarantees athletics its own purpose built facility, the one that will ensure Leyton Orient's future is safeguarded..... Wet Spam could not sell out a home cup semi final..... in a 35,000 stadium.... what chance Scunthorpe at home in a 60,000 stadium...

The fact that we are in partnership with one of the worlds leading entertainment companies, one that saved the govt even more Millennium Dome embarrassment by turning the O2 arena into one of the countries leading entertainment venues (PL darts there tonight).... makes it even more commercially attractive.....

marcspurs said:
BoyBlue_1985 said:

Ignorance must be so blissful.....

FREE LAND TO BUILD A STADIUM.......

The stadium is built..... we will take away the temporary parts of the structure that were meant to be taken away after the Olympics....

West Ham are desperately trying to find a way of removing the track in 4 or 5 years time when no one really cares or is interested..... then where will their legacy be??

At least our proposal of refurbing the Crystal Palace Athletics Stadium will mean Athletics will have it's own new purpose built arena and facilities.....

Is the Northumberland Project really dead in the water or was Levy just trying to ramp up the pressure on the committee making the Olympic Stadium decision? Do you not worry about your ability to compete revenue-wise in the future if neither happens, how realistic a possibility do you think that is?

Too many idiots in this thread aren't looking at the bigger picture, they're too busy laughing at "getting one over" Spurs to realise that they are the only viable option for that Stadium.

Anyone who's actually listened to the plans about the Spuds bid will realise it's got nothing to do with knocking down the stadium and everything to do with improving other teams facilities aswell as getting the best out of the olympic stadium, which West Ham will never do, nor fill it and when they get relegated the Olympic Delegation will be a laughing stock, will order an investigation into the bid (like Marc said) and then give the stadium to Spurs.

I've got nothing against West Ham, and I hate spuds. But I'm a realist, the stadiums only hope of not being a white elephant is if Spuds get it.

Well I did think that was a little bit of Levy bravado..... but having spoken to a couple of very well connected people, they think it is a dead duck due to the banks and financial institutions are not keen at all on lending/financing £450m for a new stadium.....

Time will tell...... that bravado worked in reverse last year when we were pushing for planning permission... so who knows..... Levy is a very good poker player.... he is going to need to be.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.