Spurs lose the 2012 Stadium to West Ham

The correct decision has been made here as Spurs would have been encroaching on West Ham territory.

Sounds like Orient will need to be compensated though!

I'm disappointed. Ultimately, it just means we lose another authentically English football ground to be replaced by another soulless, identikit bowl-like arena.

More sanitised Premier League™ football - yay!

Boleyn Ground is one of my favourite stadiums in the country. Up close, steep, great atmosphere, great history. Be sad to see it go.

Not seen us get many points there over the years though.

I must have got things wrong. I thought West Ham's season tickets and individual ticket prices were just about the highest in the Premiership. I was led to believe this was because demand severely out-stripped supply so surely a move to a larger stadium with the relevant price drop in ticket prices would soon have 60,000+ fans at the Hammer's games. Have I been mis-informed?

WHU adult tickets range from £36 for a cheap seat at a category B match to £64 for a good seat at a category A match.

WH season tickets are between £585 and £830, if they took them closer to our prices of £420 to £515 surely they'd get plenty of takers!

HarrowInnHammer said:
I don't want, you boys had it right with converting from athletics to a football ground, this will be ridiculous 45 feet from stand to pitch, will kill our tight knit atmosphere

Have to agree with you. It will be shocking.

Should have given it to Leyton Orient. Spuds will appeal decision for sure as it is the only venue which can accomodate their 70000 season ticket holders. :-)

This is the end for West Ham, our Support at matches will become sterile like arsenals. If we were moving to a purpose built ground then not many people would have a problem but an athletics stadium where they will play cricket matches, says it all really don't it sad times

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.