Spurs lose the 2012 Stadium to West Ham

Gold and sullivan will be wanking themselves silly. They will come out of this with a tidy profit and won't give a fuck when wet spam are a championship/league 1 club by the time they move in.

I don't blame the Hammer who doesn't want it, Upton Park is a great ground with soul and character - it's the type of ground which lends itself to a good atmosphere (not least through acoustics) whereas athletics stadiums almost always lead to a decline in atmosphere as we've seen.

The only saving grace for the average West Ham fan is that WHU might now lower their ticket prices which are surprisingly extortionate

WNRH said:
Don't get why a running track will ruin the atmosphere, works well in Italy, its the people that need to get up off their arses and make some noise not the way the stadium is designed.

It's more that traditional-design football grounds angle the sound of the fans at the pitch, athletics stadiums cause a lot of it to be lost. The acoustics don't lend themselves to vocal support because that's not what they were designed with in mind.

so there's gonna be a team playing in an 80k stadium in the Championship, huh?

HarrowInnHammer said:
Exactly that mate, I know plenty that will jack it in, no way will we fill 60000 either the ground will be more like the Emirates with plenty of corporate suits on a jolly up. Gold and Sullivan have not asked the fans if they want the move once which is very disrespectful. This will never be home, we won't even be the sole tenants with plenty of other events taking place. RIP west ham I feel
Don't worry too much pal. In cases like this I've found the original plan and the final outcome to be lightyears away from each other. You'll actually end up with something closer to what Spurs suggested I'm sure.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.