Spurs thread 2014-2015

To be fair, I didn't state my point as fact or that I was using anything but anecdotal evidence. Neither did I talk about confidence intervals and confidence levels.

I disagree that heartlands, as I defined it (or at least tried, in a way) cannot exist in a large city where several clubs play. There are clearly parts of London where Chelsea and West Ham have heartlands. I just don't see it with the other London clubs. Although, to be fair I don't venture to SE London. I don't think anyone would, if they had the choice. Another example is Salford being a United heartlan, as referred to earlier. I cannot be bothered doing the maths but I reckon there as many clubs, relative to population, than there are clubs in London.

I think you underestimate the popularity of Chelsea in Watfor, particularly among adults. Typical of a town with a lower league club being full of glory hunters.

You won't convince me about Kane. Plenty on Twitter have called him out as being a Gooner. Like I said though, it means nothing. The Goooners making something out of it are small time. Not that I would expect anything else.

Tonight's a big night for Spurs, grounds like anfield test a teams character and if they can come through tonight with a win id fully back them for 3rd/4th.

Armaan said:
Tonight's a big night for Spurs, grounds like anfield test a teams character and if they can come through tonight with a win id fully back them for 3rd/4th.
Agreed. A win there tonight, and you'd have to fancy them for a top 4 spot. Still don't rate their defence though, but with Kane and Eriksen banging them in, I doubt they're too concerned.

JimB said:
Manc in London said:
bluemiester said:
By car maybe. But in terms of actual distance it's close to 1 mile than 5. Also it isn't in Essex. It's definitely Spurs heartland.

It's 5 mile. No doubt about it. It's not within mile at all. I think you are getting confused between Chigwell and Chingford. Chingford was an Essex town until 1965 when it became part of Greater London. Officially part of Greater London, without doubt, but the older locals regard it as Essex. Similar to Barnet and Herts, and Enfield and Middx.

However, Chingford is not a Spurs heartland. It is probably as much a West Ham area. I bet there are as many Rags in Chingford. In fact, I would bet there are as many people that hate Spurs than like them. Not what I would regard as a heartland. Spurs are bigger in Enfield. I'd put my house on it.

It is irrelevant who Kane supports but the original claim that he is a Spurs fan appears to be incorrect.

2577C57D00000578-0-image-m-106_1423412929589.jpg

Chingford and north Essex generally is most definitely Spurs heartland. As much so as Hertfordshire. That doesn't mean that there aren't lots of fans of other clubs in the area (it's London, effectively, after all - so you'll have Utd and Liverpool as well Spurs, Arsenal, West Ham and Chelsea) but Spurs are the best represented club in the area.

The Hammers are indeed huge in Essex - but very much more south and east Essex.

As to Kane, he played for a year for Arsenal U9's or something. That's almost certainly why he's wearing that shirt at that parade. I doubt that he'd lie about being a Spurs fan if he was genuinely an Arsenal fan - because every non Spurs fan he knew at that age would now be coming out of the woodwork to tell the world what a liar he is. He'd more likely just keep quiet about it altogether.

I'm not from London but how is Essex classed as London ?. It's like saying Bolton, stockport or Salford are manchester when they aren't.

Do any spurs, chelsea or arsenal still live in London ? Doesn't sound like it.

There's one thing letting Spurs down atm and his name is Erik Lamela. Breaks down so many attacks so over rated, yeah he got an assist but if he had a brain he could've gotten 1 or 2 more tonight.

Bad mistakes from Lloris and Rose today. So unlike Lloris who is brilliant, but not so surprised with Rose to be honest. The game was littered with mistakes. Once Liverpool went 3-2 up we got even more sloppy and frustrated. So unlike Spurs of recent times. I have no idea why he took Mason off, he was closing players down well, Paulinho was awful. Subbing Eriksen off with ten minutes to go seemed very poor too, he likes a late goal too. Very unusual from the gaffer either way.

The ref must be thick. There is four minutes injury time and their fans hold the ball for a minute behind the goal and 30 seconds on the touchline, not to mention Sakho falling down when the wind hit him and wasting another minute. The ref only adds on less than 15 seconds. Chances are we were unlikely to score but very frustrating either way. The game wasn't dirty at all but he must have booked close to 10 players

Crouchy, why was Davies not picked? I think he's better than Rose. He's your obvious weak point. Surely a new LB will be a prority in the summer.

Crouchinho said:
Bad mistakes from Lloris and Rose today. So unlike Lloris who is brilliant, but not so surprised with Rose to be honest. The game was littered with mistakes. Once Liverpool went 3-2 up we got even more sloppy and frustrated. So unlike Spurs of recent times. I have no idea why he took Mason off, he was closing players down well, Paulinho was awful. Subbing Eriksen off with ten minutes to go seemed very poor too, he likes a late goal too. Very unusual from the gaffer either way.

The ref must be thick. There is four minutes injury time and their fans hold the ball for a minute behind the goal and 30 seconds on the touchline, not to mention Sakho falling down when the wind hit him and wasting another minute. The ref only adds on less than 15 seconds. Chances are we were unlikely to score but very frustrating either way. The game wasn't dirty at all but he must have booked close to 10 players
Yeah Spurs for the most part looked the better team, it's individual errors that cost them. He took Mason off at a point where they looked comfortable and the better team, really stupid decision for me don't think they'd have lost if Mason stayed on. If I was a Spurs player I'd be kicking myself coz that today was a very winnable game.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.