Spurs thread 2014-2015

Manc in London said:
Crouchy, why was Davies not picked? I think he's better than Rose. He's your obvious weak point. Surely a new LB will be a prority in the summer.

He's not been picked for a while now, apart from against Sheffield United in the cup where he had a poor game. He was actually on form and playing well before Rose came back from injury. I thought he was unlucky to lose his place in the team. Rose has actually played quite well recently but just like Walker cannot really defend. When good teams play us people try to get at Walker and Rose. Hazard done Rose like a kipper a few times and they scored from his mistake, the other day Wellbeck done him for pace and yesterday he gives away a sloppy penalty (not for the first time) . I'd much prefer Davies too, but he doesn't get forwards as well as Rose

The last time I remember us being decent at defending was when Graham was in charge, even then it was still pretty shite! I sort of always expect this from Spurs

Armaan said:
There's one thing letting Spurs down atm and his name is Erik Lamela. Breaks down so many attacks so over rated, yeah he got an assist but if he had a brain he could've gotten 1 or 2 more tonight.

He should have played Mason through when we broke in the second half. He made a poor desicion to lay the ball off to Kane, when he could have put Mason clean through. Sometimes his decision making needs a lot of work. That said, I think he was one of our best players on the pitch yesterday. He looks a wimp, has the body of a wimp but he puts himself about and very strong, I always fancy him to win a 50/50. I think that side of his game impresses Pochettino as he likes us pressing and working hard, Lamela definitely has good energy levels. We've seen glimpses of what he can do in the Europa League and he's played superb against some of the lower league teams in the premier league, but he's not showing enough against big teams what he can do with the ball. Off the ball though excellent. The huge price tag doesn't help as there is more pressure on him than the home grown lads. I can definitely see him improving, whereas expensive flops Paulinho and Soldado are as useful as chocolate fireguards, we are just lucky other players are stepping up

Soldado is one of the biggest transfer mistakes in last few years. Boy, how he failed to justify the huge money spent on him. And everyone thought it was a good buy back then.

bitsmith said:
Soldado is one of the biggest transfer mistakes in last few years. Boy, how he failed to justify the huge money spent on him. And everyone thought it was a good buy back then.

I think Levy wanted instant success rather than think about the books. It backfired both ways. Surpringsly the fans love him and still cheer his name even though his performances haven't been that great.

Nothing surprises me at Spurs, not for the first time we've had expensive flops as strikers. Rebrov, Postiga, Bent, Soldado all ring a belll, but cheap ones like Klinsmann, Berbatov and Keane scored for fun. We have been so lucky that whenever we sell a magnificent player another one pops up, it seems to have been that way since the late 80's

Cheadle_hulmeBlue said:
I'm not from London but how is Essex classed as London ?. It's like saying Bolton, stockport or Salford are manchester when they aren't.

Do any spurs, chelsea or arsenal still live in London ? Doesn't sound like it.

It isn't!

We were talking about Chingford, which is both in Essex and in the contiguous built up area of Greater London. There is a small overlap between some counties and Greater London. Chingford lies within one of these.

And yes, the majority of football fans within London support London clubs - although there are, of course, plenty of Utd and Liverpool fans too.

silverback said:
Heard that YaYa, Sergio and Zabba did not support City as kids.

I think you missed the point. I don't believe anyone has said it is important. It has been made into an issue by the press and the Tarquins.

Cheadle_hulmeBlue said:
I'm not from London but how is Essex classed as London ?. It's like saying Bolton, stockport or Salford are manchester when they aren't.

Tthere are parts of Essex (e.g. Barking and Ilford), Hertfordshire (Barnet), Middlesex (e.g. Enfield) and Surrey (e.g. Sutton) that have been 'in' London since, I believe, 1965. Similar to Stockport, Tameside, Wigan and the likes bing in Greater Manchester.

I have to admit that one of the reasons I have a dislikling for Essex is it, in my experience, tends to be the place where the idiotic element of Spurs' fanbase tends to come from. It's also a horrible place where they have a concentration of the vacuous and the vain. Ok, it's not rational but I don't care :)

Believe me, there are plenty of people in London who support these clubs. Certainly based on my experience in working and living in London for 12 years. However, a lot of fans of those clubs do come from the counties that border Greater London. As JimB said, a lot of Spurs and Arsenal fans live in Herts and Essex. The fact that a good deal of, for example, Spurs' support live in Herts and Essex may, in part, be explained by population migration. Research has shown there are clear migration patterns from inner London to these counties.

Manc in London said:
Cheadle_hulmeBlue said:

Tthere are parts of Essex (e.g. Barking and Ilford), Hertfordshire (Barnet), Middlesex (e.g. Enfield) and Surrey (e.g. Sutton) that have been 'in' London since, I believe, 1965. Similar to Stockport, Tameside, Wigan and the likes bing in Greater Manchester.

I have to admit that one of the reasons I have a dislikling for Essex is it, in my experience, tends to be the place where the idiotic element of Spurs' fanbase tends to come from. It's also a horrible place where they have a concentration of the vacuous and the vain. Ok, it's not rational but I don't care :)

Believe me, there are plenty of people in London who support these clubs. Certainly based on my experience in working and living in London for 12 years. However, a lot of fans of those clubs do come from the counties that border Greater London. As JimB said, a lot of Spurs and Arsenal fans live in Herts and Essex. The fact that a good deal of, for example, Spurs' support live in Herts and Essex may, in part, be explained by population migration. Research has shown there are clear migration patterns from inner London to these counties.

oh right that explains it a bit. There does seem to be a lack of fans that go to say spurs matches that actually live within the city or near the ground ( having met quite a few on away days ). are there not any teams in essex or herts ?

Cheadle_hulmeBlue said:
Manc in London said:
Cheadle_hulmeBlue said:

oh right that explains it a bit. There does seem to be a lack of fans that go to say spurs matches that actually live within the city or near the ground ( having met quite a few on away days ). are there not any teams in essex or herts ?

Not suprrised not many locals go to WHL. It is a deprived area and the ticket prices are extortionate.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.