Spurs thread 2014-2015

BigOscar said:
If Spurs had some proper defenders, then they'd be a real threat, but while they still have Danny Rose, Kyle Walker and then the random rabble of average CB's they play, it's hard to see them gaining the consistency to challenge for the title. I'd absolutely love it if they keep the rags out the top 4 though, love it. Pochettino is doing a great job there, showing the impact a proper system can have, even on a pretty average collection of players
The system actually really reminds me of Mancini 11/12 with pressing added.

An all-round striker
3 interchanging attacking mids
2 midfield holders
Attacking full backs

Eriksen is an absolute gem too, best non City player in the league to watch.

TCIB said:
I'll give you half my company if you take 4th away from the rags crouchie :-D

You have done well with Kane, i was meaning to ask about him...
Has Pochetino (dunno how you spell it) brought this lad through proper or does someone else take credit for that ?

He was loaned out a few times and I remember Norwich fans not liking him, I think he got a bad injury so they didn't see enough of him. I know Millwall fans loved him and Leicester quite liked him. AVB didn't trust him I don't think but Ponch really has to take the credit by giving him a chance. He didn't rush him in the domestic game as he was trying him out in the Europa more than anything. He scored for fun in the youth, mind you so did Obika and Barnard and I don't know where they are these days!

Tim Sherwood will probably take some credit too as he was always with the reserves. I think he regrets not wanting to be part of that again

*edit - If your company takes pictures of ladies with massive teets then I'll be back to England First Class

NQCitizen said:
Away from City I think Spurs and Southampton are some of the best teams all round in the league to watch and to just generally not be incredibly dislikable.

Really respect what Pochettino is doing, would love to see what he could do at City when Pellegrini leaves - wouldn't mind our own Mason and Kane.

The way it's going Spurs are a decent CB and LB from being a top 4 cert and the sooner United/Liverpool/Arsenal fall out of the top 4 the better.
Southampton are like watching paint dry.

Some of the worst games I have watched this season have involved them.

BigOscar said:
If Spurs had some proper defenders, then they'd be a real threat, but while they still have Danny Rose, Kyle Walker and then the random rabble of average CB's they play, it's hard to see them gaining the consistency to challenge for the title. I'd absolutely love it if they keep the rags out the top 4 though, love it. Pochettino is doing a great job there, showing the impact a proper system can have, even on a pretty average collection of players
Bang on the money there. Walker, Rose, Kaboul and Fazio shouldn't be in the same postcode as a PL defence. And if there's a more over-rated 'keeper than Lloris, I've yet to hear of him.

jimharri said:
BigOscar said:
Bang on the money there. Walker, Rose, Kaboul and Fazio shouldn't be in the same postcode as a PL defence. And if there's a more over-rated 'keeper than Lloris, I've yet to hear of him.

Joe Hart?

*runs away*

quiet_riot said:
jimharri said:
BigOscar said:

Joe Hart?

*runs away*
vHGIsEQ.png

jimharri said:
BigOscar said:

Lloris is only bettered by donut thief, immense keeper

He'll end up at the rags too

Zin 'messiah' Zimmer said:
jimharri said:
BigOscar said:

Lloris is only bettered by donut thief, immense keeper

He'll end up at the rags too
He's badly let down by his distribution; it's even worse than our shampoo salesman.

Cheadle_hulmeBlue said:
Manc in London said:
Cheadle_hulmeBlue said:
I'm not from London but how is Essex classed as London ?. It's like saying Bolton, stockport or Salford are manchester when they aren't.

Tthere are parts of Essex (e.g. Barking and Ilford), Hertfordshire (Barnet), Middlesex (e.g. Enfield) and Surrey (e.g. Sutton) that have been 'in' London since, I believe, 1965. Similar to Stockport, Tameside, Wigan and the likes bing in Greater Manchester.

I have to admit that one of the reasons I have a dislikling for Essex is it, in my experience, tends to be the place where the idiotic element of Spurs' fanbase tends to come from. It's also a horrible place where they have a concentration of the vacuous and the vain. Ok, it's not rational but I don't care :)

Do any spurs, chelsea or arsenal still live in London ? Doesn't sound like it.

Believe me, there are plenty of people in London who support these clubs. Certainly based on my experience in working and living in London for 12 years. However, a lot of fans of those clubs do come from the counties that border Greater London. As JimB said, a lot of Spurs and Arsenal fans live in Herts and Essex. The fact that a good deal of, for example, Spurs' support live in Herts and Essex may, in part, be explained by population migration. Research has shown there are clear migration patterns from inner London to these counties.

oh right that explains it a bit. There does seem to be a lack of fans that go to say spurs matches that actually live within the city or near the ground ( having met quite a few on away days ). are there not any teams in essex or herts ?

Colchester, Southend or Watford. To name 3 i can think of.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.