Spurs thread 2020/21

Can not understand what they think Bale can bring to the team, not got the pace he once had and getting more and more injuries. Still his hair is lovely isn’t it.

He’s had a few niggly injuries. Nothing more. But he will have to be used sensibly. Not overplayed.

Of course he’s not as fast as he once was. But he’s still faster than most. And his game is far from being all about pace (albeit that it is / was a potent weapon). He is also technically superb.

Additionally, he has suffered in recent years from working under a manager who has never appreciated him. And Real have treated him poorly for some time too - routinely leaking negative rumours to Madrid media about him. That has to have affected his confidence and motivation.

I suspect that he will be reinvigorated by playing for a club that really wants him and for a fan base that already loves him. I suspect that he will want to prove a point.

Whether he’s capable of it, we’ll see.

Have to add that I’m actually as excited by signing Reguilon.

He stays fit spurs will have a very good season Bale can win a match out of nowhere if Mourinho sets his team up to be solid and it will give the whole squad a massive lift. Bale history shows though he will get injured though.

Levy: Any chance we can have Bale back?

Tebas: 90 Million and he’s yours.

Levy: 10 Million up front and up to fifty million on us winning the Europa League.

Tebas: Are you taking the piss!?

Levy: Ok. How about a loan?

Tebas: Sure. You pay his full wages.

Levy: I’ll pay 30,000 a week and you pay the rest.

Tebas: Get fucked. *Puts down phone*
He’s had a few niggly injuries. Nothing more. But he will have to be used sensibly. Not overplayed.

Of course he’s not as fast as he once was. But he’s still faster than most. And his game is far from being all about pace (albeit that it is / was a potent weapon). He is also technically superb.

Additionally, he has suffered in recent years from working under a manager who has never appreciated him. And Real have treated him poorly for some time too - routinely leaking negative rumours to Madrid media about him. That has to have affected his confidence and motivation.

I suspect that he will be reinvigorated by playing for a club that really wants him and for a fan base that already loves him. I suspect that he will want to prove a point.

He could transition into a cf, it might sound crazy. Ronaldo has moved into that position successful why can’t bale?

Set pieces will improve for kane also, good move by spurs.

Last edited:
Time will tell, but I still think the man's an inch away from a crippling injury...again.
He's not the sprightly, athletic man he was in his heyday, and the Prem is an arduous task master: is he up to the rigours of a full season here? I don't think so. And when all is said and done he is definitely not a Maureen-type player.

This whole thing has Levy's fingerprints all over it.

Strange thing about Bale is that while Zidane clearly didn't fancy him, those few times he actually played Bale a lot of the play went through him. It wasn't like he was some passenger.
He is clearly a top player and the injuries are the only thing that could come hunt Spurs.

I personally think that your problem is the manager, he seems hell bent on getting everbody’s backs up wherever he goes. Good to read your posts on here and glad the more vociferous board members have not dampened your ardour. Back in the early 70’s I spent a week in Tottenham with a friend staying at his uncles house. We went to matches all over London and also spent a good deal of time in the local boozer which was full of leg pulling Spurs fans, happy memories.

P.S. Just remembered the next door neighbours were two women who I seem to recall were Jack Warner’s sisters (Dixon of Dock Green), they were massive Spurs fans.

P.P.S. Looked up the two ladies in question they lived in Goring Road and were a comedy double act called “Gert and Daisy”, lovely people. I suspect you know all about them.

Last edited:
I personally think that your problem is the manager, he seems hell bent on getting everbody’s backs up wherever he goes. Good to read your posts on here and glad the more vociferous board members have not dampened your ardour. Back in the early 70’s I spent a week in Tottenham with a friend staying at his uncles house. We went to matches all over London and also spent a good deal of time in the local boozer which was full of leg pulling Spurs fans, happy memories.

P.S. Just remembered the next door neighbours were two women who I seem to recall were Jack Warner’s sisters (Dixon of Dock Green), they were massive Spurs fans.

P.P.S. Looked up the two ladies in question they lived in Goring Road and were a comedy double act called “Gert and Daisy”, lovely people. I suspect you know all about them.
Elsie and Doris Waters.

Elsie and Doris Waters.
Those two take me back a long way! I knew the names from when I was a young lad, and wiki has just refreshed my memory. My mum had Workers Playtime on every day on the crystal set we had, and she was in the audience a couple of times when the show was broadcast from the cigarette factory she worked at.
I don't remember much about their act, as it was over 60 years ago. Neither did I know they were sisters to Jack Warner, aka George Dixon of Dock Green fame.
Evening all!

Those two take me back a long way! I knew the names from when I was a young lad, and wiki has just refreshed my memory. My mum had Workers Playtime on every day on the crystal set we had, and she was in the audience a couple of times when the show was broadcast from the cigarette factory she worked at.
I don't remember much about their act, as it was over 60 years ago. Neither did I know they were sisters to Jack Warner, aka George Dixon of Dock Green fame.
Evening all!
Worker’s Playtime...now that takes me back. Also, didn’t the character of George Dixon first appear in a film called the Blue Lamp?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.