Spurs v City - CL QF I - Pre Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a heads up!! Bring your coats it’s pissing down. Just gone past oxford and the heavens have opened???

Difficult team to predict tonight. I think Laporte might get the nod at left back, and possibly Gundogan over David Silva?

At a push, I'd go for:

Ederson
Walker
Kompany
Stones
Laporte
Fernandinho
Gundogan
De Bruyne
Bernardo
Sterling
Aguero

Some months ago BM would have gone full tilt seeing Gundogan start,
but in the last games we could see David isn't at 100% and Gundogan is on a good run.

Also Ilkay is well able to handle an aggressive press, not only David.
Ilkay did very well in important matches, too.

It would be a strange feeling not to start David in such a match, but sitting back a moment, this day has to come sometime.

Whatever XI will start - we will have a fantastic bench as part of our match plan.
Spurs can't press for 90 mins and we will have our moments.

In the end our winning mentality could be the decisive factor over spurs.
Let's go and board that beautiful new ship!

We have not cruised in any Champions League away game. What on Earth makes you think that is going to happen? I think the players and staff of Manchester City know what to expect even if you don't
Shaktar must be very happy that they gave us such a tough game in Ukraine.

I think the following

Ederson
Walker
Stones
Laporte
Mendy
Ferna
DeBruyne
Silva
Bernado
Sterling
Sane

Aguero
Jesus
Mahrez
Gundo
Muric
Kompany
Danilo

For me it has the united vs arsenal game written all over it, where united played arsenal thrice in similar fixture and bashed them all three times.. just cant see them show any kind of resistance.

I think we have been witnessing some world class squad and game management from pep for the last dozen games.

I hope it continues tonight and we manage to put a couple past spurs whilst cruising in 2nd gear.
Exactly what I think. Where some have seen it as us not being at our best, to me it looks like we're getting early leads and conserving energy for the run in. And really, how far are we off our best? It wasn't that long ago we thumped a team 7-0.

I can see there being an "oh shit" moment at some point during the 3 Spurs games. They're just too good to easily get the better of over 270 mins. I hope that comes in tonight's game as it gives us a chance to come back at them in the 2nd leg and like most, I'm desperate to beat the dippers to the league so we don't want any slip ups in that game. 2-1 to Spurs tonight, 2-0 in the return to us and a win in the league would be lovely.

Tonight will show if the effects of managing a quad attempt has taken its toll. We have been able to practically sleep walk to victory in the last 2-3 matches. and trust in our manager.that it will be very much different tonight and we will be prepared both physically and mentally Although this competition is not as important as our domestic quest ( for me) i know it is certainly one the manager craves and hope we dont get sucked into their thrill of playing at a shiny new stadium. Despite many comparing this to the Liverpool clash and worrying i think that nightmare first leg at Anfield however bad. taught us a lesson and hopefully there will be no repeat tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.