Spurs Vs City Post Match Thread

Awful awful day
So just tell me after last weeks defeat by whu
Were not going to blame the ballboys
Or spurs for keeping the ball?
Or any other half arsed excuse today?
No fkn excuses necessary city were awful and just got steamed in the second half by a team with3 of its regular first team missing
Fuck the offsides we were poor and thats being kind!!!

for what its worth here is my opinion of the team at present (today and the season as it stands)
Firstly forget the offside goals etc...yes the first should definitely not have stood, and Kanes third was marginally offside but would have been hard to call at the speed it happened just like ours from KDB.......all teams get decisions against them and its part of what is spoiling the game (not the bad decisions, human error has always been there, but the fact that fans and managers now want to concentrate on things like marginal offsides and even use them as an excuse)....take away the excuses and we were poor for the 3rd game running (Sunderland we were ok against but they are pretty abysmal at present)

As for the display and those recent ones:

Today showed how much we miss Silva - people were massively jumping the gun saying that we have a replacement in KDB for him....yes KDB is a great player and could become even better but Silva is a class above what he will ever become (and most other players will ever become)......KDB learnt a lesson today and whereas he didn't have a really bad game (he was ok for most of it) some of his passing was sloppy......Silva makes us tick more than any other individual in the squad and somewhere and somehow we are going to have to find a replacement for him when the time comes...not sure if this is possible.

Kolorov is a constant liability - every team we play against target him.....his forward runs and so predictable that he leaves the whole left side of our defence exposed.....forget about the clear offside today for the first...it still came from his side and he wasn't trying to play offside, he was ball watching (a constant mistake of his)......otamendi may have been at fault for not showing the ball out and then giving away the free kick (school boy error) but where was Kolorov in the build up for that.....and the forth goal......he made Lamella and Kyle walker look like world beaters - we need to find an able deputy for clichy asap and as soon as zabba is fit and if clichy still isn't fit id play sanga there

Yaya in the no. 10 position means he is out of the game too much.......he can't dictate from there...a few years ago it would have been ideal for him but his fitness is faltering and i think he now needs to play deeper so to be able to dictate the tempo...those power house runs by him are almost gone (he sort of did it in the lead up to the KDB goal but he was being caught and hassled and only just got the pass off - 2 years ago that player wouldn't have even got close)......should we have started with a midfield 3 of fernandihnio, yay and nasri in the no.10 role...after all nasri is pretty good there .

Navas is 25 mins did absolutely nothing bar one shot (was he trying to cross??? ;-) ) we need to get rid of him asap as he offers nothing at all in terms of attacking play

Kompany is obviously a huge loss and i do look forward to seeing him and otemendi together as Otto looks pretty good most of the time (bit wild occasionally)

Sergio - looks and is off form but he keeps plugging away...normally a club would take him out for a game or two just to take the pressure off.....however the drop off in ability to Bony is almost criminal and Nacho was injured (I'm guessing bony was again too for this game..but the point stands....there is a lot of pressure on Kun at present as we have one kid as back up and one completely useless lump who is injured half the time.

MP's subs are mind boggling at times.......navas should never have come on..it should have been nasri...and I'm not sure around his thinking of bringing a kid on in that situation????? He also only plays one way and that is too attack and right through his whole time here he has been culpable of being nieve in this sense...today reminded me a little bit of the demolition 6-1 derby where ute through caution to the wind and we routed them....we seemed to do that today and looked all over the place...the substitutions completey wrecked the shape of the team and we were all over the place

Cabellero has been a disaster waiting to happen since his very first game....he looked awful then (and that was in some pre season friendlies...!!!!!! we need a better back up keeper...was hart actually injured?

And that brings me to my last point....what the actual fuck is our medical team/physio team/fitness team doing? we have soon many injuries it can't be coincidence......(looks like Yaya injured himself in setting up the first goal as well)...but hart, silva, kun Kompany, mangala, clichy and now yaya are all either injure or ill.....and a number of those have nothing to do with injuries in matches! - this does need to be looked at as soft tissue injuries to calve muscles amongst others seem to be a recurring thing over the last couple of seasons

MP needs to get a grip of this as the league is there for the taking this year...noone looks unbeatable and we need to grab it by the balls

I have it on good authority that something happened in South America this summer with regards to Aguero, the club have to this moment kept a lid on it however I am led to believe it was extremely serious.

That rumour was around in the summer, along with others from the Argentinian team. Nothing came out since.

The linesman who allowed the two blatantly offside goals should face severe sanctions.

Neither decisions were close, blatant incompetence at best, corruption at worst!

We've seen it many times before when we go behind and go through a rough stage in the game we can't seem to get control back and deteriorate alarmingly. Not a sign of a title winning team.
Such a shame, I like pelle but the fact that we go 4-1 down and he's sat literally twiddling his thumbs is outrageous. Of course it's not his style to rant and rave, but there are times someone needs a bollocking.

His first touch, he won a free kick by slipping through a tightly packed defensive line, we have no one maybe barring Aguero who can create something themselves. How many games do we have to see attacking inefficiency to finally stop saying, the coaches know better, they probably do most of the time but maybe sometimes they're being stubborn.

Especially when you see players like Navas playing

Yaya gets in our starting XI on reputation alone, absolute passenger today.
Normally when we have poor games we've had a player pull us out, whether it be Agüero last season or Silva or Kompany. No one stood up and took responsibility today.
Distinct lack of leadership on the pitch.
Yaya played in de Bruyne for our goal. Did you see Aguero, Sterling or KDB play one similarly effective pass between them ?

Not that surprised. That formation was that deployed at QPR last year, where we were equally toothless and lucky to escape with a draw. That the manager sees fit to deploy it again is somewhat of a surprise, but MP is stubborn in his ways. Our defensive frailties were exposed in Stuttgart and again today, heavens we were a shambles for the first thirty minutes at Sunderland, so it really is no shock that we surrender so meekly. There are some big players in that team, but I'm not sure there are big hearts yet.

We were out of sight within thirty odd minutes v Sunderland. Unfortunately, this is the kind of tactical approach that Pellers likes and has insisted over and over again that this is the way he wants to play. Full on attacking with defenders only making up the numbers.

But the enigma, wrapped up in a paradox again from City. Twelve points, no goals conceded and then the deluge!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.