Spurs Vs City Post Match Thread

I've decided that the curse of Manager of the Month strikes again!! Where was Kompany? Did Joe have the back spasm in the warm up? What the heck went wrong? I've avoided all TV/Radio/Computer so I have only just found out the score. So what on earth went wrong?
We got beat by the better team who wanted it far more than we did

Well that was the worst City defensive performance for years.
As to Aguero - that has to be his not very good brother/cousin. He has totally lost it.

You have to question what that Juventus game did to us mentally.

Very poor second half today and for me without Kompany we lack a significant leader on the field.

There are so many things wrong it is a tough situation. Some controllable, others not.

Yes, one of the worst off side decisions in history changed the game. But City should have been 2 or 3 up at half time and that would have done too.

The reasons are - primarily :- (1) The injuries that are not just bad luck - something is wrong with the training, warm ups, kit, medical team - whatever - and instead of saying it is just bad luck over and over it needs addressing or the 'bad luck' will go on and derail the season, and, (2) Aguero is the sole striker and you might as well have anybody else up there in that position now be they an actual striker or not as his entire body language, form, demeanour is shot to pieces. I said a week ago and meant it that he needs to be sat down with a sports psychologist and try to work out what is up with him here as right now one of our best players and only fit striker is a liability and we are never going to do well with that scenario. It is more than just saying he will play himself into form. I am starting to wonder what is going on off the pitch with Aguero.

The motivation on and off the pitch just wasn't there again today and you cannot win things without that. Partly it is down to the absence of Kompany through illness. But also there was no sign of the manager having motivated them via that terrible decision at the end of the first half. Managing 101 I should think to push them into using that to win the second half. Instead they fell to pieces.

His side picking based on prioritising the CL and League Cup over a key league game also has to be questioned. If Hart was fit enough to come on after 60 seconds had Caballero got injured he had to be fit enough to play. That might not have won the game but it could have been enough to give City a chance of not losing it.

This result runs the risk of City (without both Silva and Toure on Wednesday by the looks of it) all but heading for the Europa League if they lose to a team that has just won their first league game so are on the up. Thursday night football will severely hamper City's chances to win the league.

I understand why the owners prioritise the CL but I don't think that is realistic until all the problems above are assessed. If City end up struggling to qualify in the CL and not winning any other trophies Pelle will be gone next Summer. Question is how long should he be given to get things resolved? If Klopp and Ancelloti go elsewhere to Liverpool as one possibility - and if the reports that England want Pep as their next manager is true then City have to be 100% sure that he is on his way here next Summer to let this season slide. But how can they possibly be that.

Hopefully two good wins next week will turn the mood around but it does not disguise that there are still things wrong that need to be put right for City to be a ruthlewss team that really challenges on all fronts. They have the players to achieve that, but you do wonder what has to be added to turn 75% into 100%.

Some people on here really need to look at the bigger picture ... Kolarov is the worst full back in the PL by a country mile.
By the way he wasn`t alone today in having a piss poor performance but after two good games at the start of the season,he`s back to his usual dire performances.
He's one of those isn't he - the type that will put in a great game the moment you've given up on him and then return to type.

Some people on here really need to look at the bigger picture ... Kolarov is the worst full back in the PL by a country mile.
By the way he wasn`t alone today in having a piss poor performance but after two good games at the start of the season,he`s back to his usual dire performances.

what a load of shit, talk about an over reaction. he's been the best left back in the league up to the west ham game

Not happy with that at all.
Sterling and Ottamendi playing to their real value not the price we paid for them. No cover for a really off form Sergio. Yaya playing too high up the pitch too early means we don't control the midfield and Fernando his usual self. Then to make things worse he brings on Navas for Yaya.

Shit mamager, poor transfer window and one month into the season the bubble is burst.

There were issues that were beyond our control today, for example, the last minute first half equaliser, which was so laughably offside it's ridiculous, and clearly had a huge impact on the second 45 minutes (1-0 or 1-1 at half time, makes a huge difference). However, when all things are considered we were fucking awful. No attacking threat really, defensive errors throughout, and the keeper was simply terrible. Just not good enough.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.