Spurs Vs City Post Match Thread

We will always be on the end of a 'doing' unless Pellegrini recognises matches and teams where solidity from midfield to the goal line is the over-riding focus!
To be fair, his lineup today suggested solidity, but it didn't work out like that. Personally, I think we need to get past the fact that without Silva, we look clueless going forward, and without Kompany, we look clueless at the back. We're too reliant on 2 players.

We're a team full of soft cunts let's be honest. No battle,no fight, when it's not going right there's not many who want it. Harsh truth

Are you on the Wum?

We have lost to Juve and have won 1 of the last 3, we lost to Stoke and didn't win for 3 games, we got pegged back v CSKA and won 1 of the next 5, we played piss poor and luckily beat Wednesday in the FA Cup and didn't win for 5 games, we got twatted at home to Barca and won 2 of the next 7 games.

No we never bounce back and sweeping statements where we pretend everything is fine is fucking stupid
we must bounce back at some point if we finish in the top 2.

Not worth analysing this. We had half a squad injured. Therefore a disjointed performance should surprise no one.

Leave it and get on with something else

One thing to take from today's game which I hope to god Pellers learns from is that at times we need to go back to basics.

I'm a fan of his style of play but we don't need to be intricate or perfect at every opportunity. There are times in a match when in game management is much more effective.

Two examples from today;

KDB giving the ball away for their equaliser. In that position he has to either go wide or hoof it clear. There is no reason to chase the game at that point. You just see it through till half time.

Otamendi fouling Kane for the free kick to their 2nd. Just hoof it clear. Don't take them unnecessary risks. We will naturally create chances, we don't need to force the game so early at 1-1.

Another thing that I've said many times is that we are nowhere near clinical enough. Not only are we missing easy chances, but we are practically gifting our opponents a way back into the match.

Both today and against Juve, we wasted good chances to go 2-0 up. We take them and we go on and win. Instead we are missing and then forcing the game which is making us make mistakes.

Today Spurs were ruthless going forward after they equalised. They knew they had the momentum and didn't give us a sniff.

One thing to take from today's game which I hope to god Pellers learns from is that at times we need to go back to basics.

I'm a fan of his style of play but we don't need to be intricate or perfect at every opportunity. There are times in a match when in game management is much more effective.

Two examples from today;

KDB giving the ball away for their equaliser. In that position he has to either go wide or hoof it clear. There is no reason to chase the game at that point. You just see it through till half time.

Otamendi fouling Kane for the free kick to their 2nd. Just hoof it clear. Don't take them unnecessary risks. We will naturally create chances, we don't need to force the game so early at 1-1.

Another thing that I've said many times is that we are nowhere near clinical enough. Not only are we missing easy chances, but we are practically gifting our opponents a way back into the match.

Both today and against Juve, we wasted good chances to go 2-0 up. We take them and we go on and win. Instead we are missing and then forcing the game which is making us make mistakes.

Today Spurs were ruthless going forward after they equalised. They knew they had the momentum and didn't give us a sniff.
Pellegrini never learns that's the problem

we must bounce back at some point if we finish in the top 2.
No we go on runs where we win 5 to 6 games on the bounce then when we hit a problem we struggle for a number of games and limp to back to back wins and repeat the process. Meanwhile the 'blip' of which there are 3 or 4 in a season fuck our opportunity to win anything.

Yaya gets in our starting XI on reputation alone, absolute passenger today.
Normally when we have poor games we've had a player pull us out, whether it be Agüero last season or Silva or Kompany. No one stood up and took responsibility today.
Distinct lack of leadership on the pitch.

I agree. The pass to KDB aside, he was awful yet again. He needs to sit.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.