Spurs Vs City Post Match Thread

Easy to be wise after the event, but should we have started with Navas on the right and KDB in the middle. Leaving 1 of Yaya, Fern A or Fern B on the bench? Yaya was pretty dismal throughout the whole game I thought. Gave the ball away repeatedly, created fuck all. Hard to see how it would have been worse with KDB in the middle which is surely his best position.

It's football we are going to have bad runs and the reasons can be myriad, but we can dust ourselves down and fight another day we have been here before, remember the 2nd title winning season we had a few losses, all is not lost

If I remember rightly pellegrini made some kind of promise to caballero that when he was used in a cup game he would also play the following league game. That's the only reason I can think he was playing today. So we had England's number 1 sat on the bench so that the manager could keep his word to the reserve keeper, well sorry pellegrini but there is no room for sentiment when you are trying to win a league title.

Precisely.

At 1-0 away from home the hard work is done, you can concentrate on defending and picking teams off on the break which with De Bruyne, Yaya, Sterling and Aguero is ideal. At 1-1 the game plan changes and you have to chase the game, which with slow defenders like Demichellis, Otamendi and Kolarov is always a risk.

It was a perfect away performance until the officials fucked us yet again.

Well spotted, unlike those bent linos that stuck their flags up their arses.

No excuses for today, we were shit. However any team missing the likes of Silva, Kompany, Hart, Toure (seemed fucked from the start), Bony, Mangala, Clichy, Zabaleta will always struggle. Something NEEDS to be done in our fitness department is isnt normal to have these many injuries.

I wouldn't play Raheem at all based on his recent performances.

He is young, he needs game time, that is the only way to get him to improve and reveal his true potential.
Otherwise, if he doesn't develop quickly into a top player, he will be exposed as a terrible expensive flop.
You just don't let £50M wasting on the bench like that.
I know i will be skinned here for saying this, but so far, Sterling is proving to be your regular over-priced British player.
He is wasteful up-front, just like Navas is, while the later is hanged dry here, Sterling is given some slack.
Needs game time and needs to fix his decision making and finishing.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.