Spurs Vs City Post Match Thread

people need to stop hiding behind the excuse of the offside goals.......we were dreadful especially in the second half.......spurs deserved the win and to say otherwise is just to act like that tw*t that manages chelsea
Good point - fact is without Silva and to an extent a keeper capable of actually being a keeper we are poor. Spurs won because they used momentum and we showed lack of desire, lack of work rate and De Bryune aside a lack of movement up front. Simply they worked harder and took their chances. Sterling and Sergio need to sort out getting a shot off early - they take so long it gives defenders time to close them down.

we were dreadful especially in the second half
No, we were dreadful ONLY in the second half, we played very well first half, and once again our attacking "force" let us down by not scoring when the chances came. The game should have been over by half time, but for poor finishing, again.

We cut them open for 40 minutes, and they had about 3 half chances until de Bruyne's clearance, which was a pass to a breaking Fenandhino, had he made it, we'd probably have gone in 2-0 up, not 1-1, as we were at least 4 on 3, if not 2, it didn't come off, and a hit and hope went in the corner, just like last week.

Nobody is 'burying their head' about the second half, it was woeful, unacceptable, incompetent, call it what ever you wish, it wasn't good enough for this team, and Spurs played well, but lets not change the first half, we played very well, but for the final ball/finish.

With Silva out and YaYa pushed further up, the control of the midfield was lost. Normally, YaYa and Silva metronomically recycle the ball, and this is base from which a lot of our attacking play develops. Without a ball playing midfield player of YaYa's quality alongside either Fernandinho or Fernando, we couldn't dictate the speed and pace of the play and so were unable to control the middle as we most often do. That's how I saw it, but I probably don't have a fucking clue so never mind!

Well we were awful in the second half, as much as I'm an optimist usually looking at the team line up today I just knew, I would of left Toure in with Fernandinho with Kdb behind Aguero and Navas on the right. Anyway a long way to go so C'mon City !

Well we were awful in the second half, as much as I'm an optimist usually looking at the team line up today I just knew, I would of left Toure in with Fernandinho with Kdb behind Aguero and Navas on the right. Anyway a long way to go so C'mon City !

This is how I thought he would have set up. We'd have been weaker defensively but would have been able to control and dictate the play more with YaYa as the passing fulcrum of the team.

No, we were dreadful ONLY in the second half, we played very well first half, and once again our attacking "force" let us down by not scoring when the chances came. The game should have been over by half time, but for poor finishing, again.

We cut them open for 40 minutes, and they had about 3 half chances until de Bruyne's clearance, which was a pass to a breaking Fenandhino, had he made it, we'd probably have gone in 2-0 up, not 1-1, as we were at least 4 on 3, if not 2, it didn't come off, and a hit and hope went in the corner, just like last week.

Nobody is 'burying their head' about the second half, it was woeful, unacceptable, incompetent, call it what ever you wish, it wasn't good enough for this team, and Spurs played well, but lets not change the first half, we played very well, but for the final ball/finish.

I thought Lloris was immense in that first half and we could have been 3 or 4 up before their goal

You're living in cuckoo land if you think that first half performance was anything but below par. Yeah, we were better in the first than the second and yeah, we created a couple of half chances in the first aside from the goal.

Yet every time spurs came forward (which was aplenty) they looked like they'd score. We had guys like Sagna and Otamendi swiping at the ball while getting nowhere near it. The first half was amateur, the second was utterly shambolic.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.