Spurs Vs City Post Match Thread

But how do we do that? Several players have turned into sicknotes (Bony hardly missed a game for Swansea), every return from injury is delayed, and some of them knacker themselves in the warm up.
OK, the warm up thing happens occasionally (Bojinov at Villa) but it seems to be getting more frequent. Sergio was hoofed at Palace but the rest seem to be muscular rather than impact related which implies the problem is with the coaches or the medical staff.
We hardly had any significant injuries when we won the league in 2012 but have had more than our fair share since Mancini sacked the old medical team.

Exactly this. Too many injuries and questions need to be asked of the fitness and medical team.

Everyone accepts that anyone can make a mistake but for that first Spurs goal it is hard to believe that a professional liner, whose main if not only job is to spot offsides, did not spot 2 players in offside positions, one by approx 2 yards right in front of him, when he had clear unobstructed view and with the added help of our defenders being in a perfect line on the 18 yard line. Surely no professional could make that sort of error, could they?
It definitely raises questions in my mind but will the liner be held to account or will he be around to keep his flag up his arse next time he gets one of our games. It is not surprising some people are starting to ask whether football is fixed.

Everyone accepts that anyone can make a mistake but for that first Spurs goal it is hard to believe that a professional liner, whose main if not only job is to spot offsides, did not spot 2 players in offside positions, one by approx 2 yards right in front of him, when he had clear unobstructed view and with the added help of our defenders being in a perfect line on the 18 yard line. Surely no professional could make that sort of error, could they?
It definitely raises questions in my mind but will the liner be held to account or will he be around to keep his flag up his arse next time he gets one of our games. It is not surprising some people are starting to ask whether football is fixed.

Not generally a conspiracy theorist, but the absolute scale of the error makes one wonder, doesn't it? And, when added to the US media calling De Bruyne "slightly offside" while showing the line across the field that he wasn't, I almost get the feeling that those first five wins and the pre-coronation of us as Champions in September required pundits to come out and start slaying us, and possibly officials to start leveling the playing field.

Nah.....right?

Not generally a conspiracy theorist, but the absolute scale of the error makes one wonder, doesn't it? And, when added to the US media calling De Bruyne "slightly offside" while showing the line across the field that he wasn't, I almost get the feeling that those first five wins and the pre-coronation of us as Champions in September required pundits to come out and start slaying us, and possibly officials to start leveling the playing field.

Nah.....right?

Your phrase "the scale of the error" sums it up perfectly. It was huge and totally inexplicable or was it????

Ffs
Its 00 43 on Monday morning
And you lot are still moaning,winging and whining about Spurs GET OVER IT,ITS GONE!!!!!
Whatever happened its time to move on and for some of you to seriously get a grip!

Ffs
Its 00 43 on Monday morning
And you lot are still moaning,winging and whining about Spurs GET OVER IT,ITS GONE!!!!!
Whatever happened its time to move on and for some of you to seriously get a grip!

Hey, it's only 7pm on Sunday here! I've still got another 5 hrs and 43 minutes left! :-)

Ok, I'm over it, too! Thanks for the perspective!! ;-)

It was the decline in the performance during the course of the match that was alarming. I'm struggling to remember when if ever, in the post 2008 era, we've fallen apart so comprehensively.

Rags away last season. Shambles.

Yep. Much, much worse, because it was towards the end of a rather underwhelming season, so the only hope at that point was waiting for the close season and the acquisition of two or three "crack" players, as Pellegrini would call them. It was also against the rags, who suddenly believed that they were a major power again (they're not). I felt bad for days after that one. That was a capitulation. This was a fuck-up (aided and abetted by an either blind or bent linesman). Not the same thing. Serious, but not the same.
Already over this one. We've got the best team in the league, when we do actually get that team back. And we will. We move on…

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.