Spursmad Stick

This forum never ceases to amaze. A proven ITK with a track record is called a WUM. Some people just don't deserve to be told stuff like this. All it takes is a couple of negative trash articles and shit journalism from SSN and all of the sheep emerge from the woodwork.

I see this from both sides.

When folks post stuff on here saying that so and so is signing, it's a done deal, he'll sign on 1st July etc etc and it doesn't happen. They deserve some stick. We all know that things can change in football but if you make a solid bold statement and it doesn't come to fruition you must accept that some stick is going to come your way.

On the other side, there does seem to be quite a few folk on here who hang on every single word some say. They dissect statements to the nnnnnth degree, find meaning where there is no meaning, get excited and giddy over an innocent statement linking City to a great player, run off and tell all their pals, put a bet on etc etc and if it doesn't come to pass they get angry.

In my opinion, calm is required by all.

We ask for every bit of information as soon as anyone has it and Spursmad seems to do this. When this happens he cannot be held to 100% accuracy as things do change. Even if the club's top people believe it is 100% done somethings can change before pen is put to paper. Spursmad gave us 100% accurate information before anyone else was even talking about it, so I'll stick with him, not using it on him. God? No. Valued contributor? Absolutely, with my thanks.

Uwe Rosler's Grandad said:

When folks post stuff on here saying that so and so is signing, it's a done deal, he'll sign on 1st July etc etc and it doesn't happen. They deserve some stick. We all know that things can change in football but if you make a solid bold statement and it doesn't come to fruition you must accept that some stick is going to come your way.

On the other side, there does seem to be quite a few folk on here who hang on every single word some say. They dissect statements to the nnnnnth degree, find meaning where there is no meaning, get excited and giddy over an innocent statement linking City to a great player, run off and tell all their pals, put a bet on etc etc and if it doesn't come to pass they get angry.

Good post and completely correct in every aspect.

MCFC-alan88 said:
Uwe Rosler's Grandad said:

Good post and completely correct in every aspect.

Naah, there's deffo some grammatical errors in there

At the end of the day, no one else saw Stuart Taylor coming on this forum, including the previous batch of ITK's.

There's no doubt he had insider info on that one. Sure, it's possible the other information might not be so accurate but given his record so far I think anyone who doesn't give the guy a chance is being a bit hasty.

If we haven't signed Tevez, Lescott and Etoo by deadline day then fair enough, but I for one will be reserving judgement until then.

Astuteboy said:
At the end of the day, no one else saw Stuart Taylor coming on this forum, including the previous batch of ITK's.

There's no doubt he had insider info on that one. Sure, it's possible the other information might not be so accurate but given his record so far I think anyone who doesn't give the guy a chance is being a bit hasty.

If we haven't signed Tevez, Lescott and Etoo by deadline day then fair enough, but I for one will be reserving judgement until then.

This Taylor "prove" the fans keep bringing up was said before spursmad joined when Hart was in talks to go on loan at the end of May mentioned with one or two other names.Just no one decided to attention seek about it.

I posted this somewhere else, but I think it's worth saying again...

I'm sure that many of the ITK's post on here with good intentions & genuinely believe that what they are saying is the truth. What gets me is how so many fans believe every word of it. Surely we all know by now that the football world is a very strange one where things are constantly changing. My advice, enjoy what the ITKers post, but take it all with a pinch of salt then you won't get your hopes up too much or be too disappointed if things don't work out.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.