SSN Right Now - Balo Charged By FA - Now inc Peter Crouch!!

Re: SSN Right Now - Balo Charged By FA

We cant recall Adebayor
We cant get the FA to undefend Rooney
We cant get them to look at Johnsons 2 footed tackle again
We cant get them to rescind Kompanys card
We cant get them to look at Huddlestones challenge of god knows how long ago
We cant make them think Parker went 2 footed when someone who sits in that bit of the ground said it was a great tackle.

etc etc etc

On the plus side

We can still keep the three points !
We are still top of the league with some very winnable games coming up!
We can channel all this hatred and anger in the right direction and that is by backing the team for 90 minutes starting at Anfield on Wednesday.

We are not performing in the stands at the moment, getting too caught up in this media shit and not doing what we are famous for and being the greatest supporters in the land.

rassclot said:
LedleyKing said:
As far as whether or not Webb saw it, you can only go off what he says. He said he didn't see it and that's that. Be pissed if you like, but what more can the FA do? Say, "no Webb, we are going to throw out your statement and conclude that you did see it" and not ban Balotelli as a result? Of course not. .

grow up. webb was told what to say by the fa so they could act to pacify the media bloodlust. he lied to give the fa the green light to ban balo. if he'd told the truth there wouldn't have been a ban.

we don't want favours. we just want a level playing field & equal treatment & we aren't getting it.

Spot on.

If you look back at the red cards and retrospective bans we've had since the takeover it really is quite astonishing. No other club has had the spotlight shone on every little incident like we have.

Why wasn't this **** banned for actually making contact with a stamp that was clearly deliberate when he wasn't being pushed over liked Mario was?

Skip to 8:30

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.epltalk.com/huddlestone-escaping-fa-ban-shows-why-refs-need-tv-replay-26453" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.epltalk.com/huddlestone-esca ... play-26453</a>

LedleyKing said:
redmizzle said:
scousemanc said:
Huddlestone / Elmander. Say no more.

Spot on! Fucking hypocrite. You've a snide bastard like Huddlestone in your squad and i doubt you were so vocal when he stamped on other players at least twice before yet you come on here trying to preach about Balotelli, cry me a fucking river!!

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/nov/08/tom-huddlestone-tottenham-fa" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010 ... ttenham-fa</a>

I'm assuming that is the stamp you are referring to?

Yes, I did see it. And yes, I do believe Huddlestone should have been banned. The difference? Referee Foy said he saw the Huddlestone stamp and did not deem it worthy of a card (which, as I said, I believe he is wrong about). Webb did not see the Balotelli stamp.

Webb did see it though, SSN have been running images of him clearly seeing it all day. I can only assume then that Webb is a liar.

Deserved to be banned, said it before said it again the guy's a liability that you cannot trust.
I'll support him whilst he wears a blue shirt but his conduct is an absolute disgrace.

Berkovic_blue said:
rassclot said:
LedleyKing said:
As far as whether or not Webb saw it, you can only go off what he says. He said he didn't see it and that's that. Be pissed if you like, but what more can the FA do? Say, "no Webb, we are going to throw out your statement and conclude that you did see it" and not ban Balotelli as a result? Of course not. .

grow up. webb was told what to say by the fa so they could act to pacify the media bloodlust. he lied to give the fa the green light to ban balo. if he'd told the truth there wouldn't have been a ban.

we don't want favours. we just want a level playing field & equal treatment & we aren't getting it.

Spot on.

If you look back at the red cards and retrospective bans we've had since the takeover it really is quite astonishing. No other club has had the spotlight shone on every little incident like we have.

Why wasn't this **** banned for actually making contact with a stamp that was clearly deliberate when he wasn't being pushed over liked Mario was?

Skip to 8:30

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.epltalk.com/huddlestone-escaping-fa-ban-shows-why-refs-need-tv-replay-26453" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.epltalk.com/huddlestone-esca ... play-26453</a>

Because Referee Chris Foy said he saw the incident and did not deem it worthy of a Red. Therefore, the FA took no action. Was Foy wrong? Yes. Huddlestone should have been sent off. But because Foy saw the play the FA did not take action

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/nov/08/tom-huddlestone-tottenham-fa" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010 ... ttenham-fa</a>

Play dumb with your ''he did not see it'' all you want, we've seen it with Adebayor before, referee sees the incident, lies about it later for whatever reason and a City player gets punished. Just like Kompany's ban hasn't stopped us from getting maximum points in the league during his absence, we'll get through this too. Console yourselves with the FA charging Balotelli, we'll take the 3 points!

According to what the FA want (and they pay the wages)..referees will see or not see whatever the FA want them to.
It really is that simple...

LedleyKing said:
blink922 said:
LedleyKing said:
Finally good to see the FA get one right.

As far as whether or not Webb saw it, you can only go off what he says. He said he didn't see it and that's that. Be pissed if you like, but what more can the FA do? Say, "no Webb, we are going to throw out your statement and conclude that you did see it" and not ban Balotelli as a result? Of course not.

Now, the more important issue, of whether or not he deserves to be banned. Obviously, this revolves around whether or not the stamp was intentional. Despite being a Spurs supporter, this is an issue I like to think I can consider in a completely unbiased way for the simple fact that, regardless of the color of the jerseys, if you had replaced Balotelli with any other player on any other team in the league (same with Parker) I would still be calling for a harsh ban on what was a clearly intentional stamp. It truly amazes me how some can watch all of the

angles and conclude that his leg was in the natural motion of reclaiming his balance. I simply

do not see it this way. The lad is falling forward, yet his leg extends to the side and back. It was intentional. It was dirty. And there is no place for it at any level, in any league. We could easily be talking this morning about permanent serious damage that Parker received as a result of Balotelli's intentional action.

I said in the pre-match that the last thing I wanted was for a refereeing decisions to decide
the match. I wouldn't say that is exactly what happened, but a missed call by Webb has clearly influenced the final result. Perhaps you feel justice was served if you believe City
deserved the three points (personally, I think a draw would have better reflected the way the match went) and fair enough. Plenty of decisions have gone against you lot this season. For me, though, it is impossible not be upset at the way things turned out. Players con the referee all the time with dives, etc. But Balotelli did so by violently lashing out at another player. That pill is much harder to swallow.

Anywho. Great second half. We probably should have nipped all 3 points, but I guess to a certain extent we are still the same old Spurs. Either way, certainly the excitement level we all hoped for and an entertaining match until the end.

Hopefully the next time we play the headlines won't be dominated by the unacceptable
behavior of a single player, but by the well-played, hard-fought battle between two of the league's top teams.

But your namesake should get away with a last-man, two footed scissor challenge?

The hypocrisy is hilarious.

Sorry, but you'll have to show me where I said the tackle by King was not a penalty?

Sad , deluded, bitter little spud. Referee's decision's influencing matches ? What about 'scotty' Parkers 2 footed studs showing lunge on 44 minutes ? You lost, you'll do well to finish top 4 and you need to show a bit Of grace in defeat. Oh no, hang on, you're a spud
aren't you........"

LedleyKing said:
redmizzle said:
scousemanc said:
Huddlestone / Elmander. Say no more.

Spot on! Fucking hypocrite. You've a snide bastard like Huddlestone in your squad and i doubt you were so vocal when he stamped on other players at least twice before yet you come on here trying to preach about Balotelli, cry me a fucking river!!

I'm assuming that is the stamp you are referring to?

Yes, I did see it. And yes, I do believe Huddlestone should have been banned. The difference? Referee Foy said he saw the Huddlestone stamp and did not deem it worthy of a card (which, as I said, I believe he is wrong about). Webb did not see the Balotelli stamp.

You come on here attempting to occupy the moral high ground. Do us all a favour and accept how hypocritical your position is. Incidentally the interview after the game by Rednapp is hilarious. He said "he didnt see it" at least 10 times. Well, it must be a comfort to you that hypocrisy runs in the club!

Brendan110_0 said:
We should appeal so he can play in the CC game. I'd take a 5 game ban (unjustified IMO), 5th game is Bolton home.

I'm not sure the five game ban thing applies here does it? He's not appealing anything is he - he's been deemed to have done something he has to answer for? He can accept the charge and forego an unfair hearing or plead not guilty and have an unfair hearing can't he?

He's not appealing a red card so surely they can't extend his ban? Not sure of the actual law, but that wouldn't make sense?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.