SSN Right Now - Balo Charged By FA - Now inc Peter Crouch!!

strongbowholic said:
mancunial said:
Does anyone think that ballo was trying to kick moderic when he felt the push?
No.

As I've said previously, if you look very carefully, in the midst of the collision and a fraction before the stamp (it's in a still cap further back in this thread) you can clearly see Balo's right leg/foot making natural momentum downwards toward the floor as you would expect. If you then look in the same photo, you see Modric's arm flush in Balo's back (or in other words prior to any impact causing forward momentum).

I genuinely believe that push, given what you can see in the cap, forces Mario to bend forwards from the pelvis which in turn would naturally cause the right leg, which is still progressing downwards, to extend backwards (again, I'm not sure if I've explained that very well so apologies).

Because of that possibility I believe there is reasonable doubt as to intent and believe me, if for one moment I thought he had done that on purpose I would have absolutely no qualms with any punishment meted be it a 4, 8, 12 match or even 12 month ban.

I agree mate, this is exactly what pisses me right off about the whole charge - as Dermot Gallagher said in a court of law you just couldn't be sure beyond reasonable doubt as to whether it was intentional, only Balo will know that.

We just can't appeal cos they don't give a fuck about evidence.

Another point for me why we won't appeal is that we don't mind him missing tomorrow's game and using up first of the ban whereas if we appeal it'll mean more league games missed, which we don't want.

strongbowholic said:
I believe there is reasonable doubt as to intent.
It's a good job we abolished hanging some time ago. The FA would have already strung up Balo, not only despite reasonable doubt, but despite him being allowed to give evidence. What a system.

Limmer said:
What does anyone expect from an organisation who turned a blind eye to this? <a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LPp0teYYi70&feature=youtube_gdata_player" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LPp0teYY ... ata_player</a>

That was about as bad as it gets, he liked the sly elbow to the mush as well.

AGENDA!!!!!!!

Imagine if it was Mario who had done what Crouch had done?? Eye gouging carries a very hefty ban and fine in rugby but is perfectly acceptable in Football??? Crouch could have blinded the West Brom player but escapes any ban??? What a fucking joke!!! This absolutely stinks.

Just out of interest and because I'm shit at research....

How many players in the Prem this season have received retrospective bans?

Rammy Blue said:
strongbowholic said:
mancunial said:
No.

As I've said previously, if you look very carefully, in the midst of the collision and a fraction before the stamp (it's in a still cap further back in this thread) you can clearly see Balo's right leg/foot making natural momentum downwards toward the floor as you would expect. If you then look in the same photo, you see Modric's arm flush in Balo's back (or in other words prior to any impact causing forward momentum).

I genuinely believe that push, given what you can see in the cap, forces Mario to bend forwards from the pelvis which in turn would naturally cause the right leg, which is still progressing downwards, to extend backwards (again, I'm not sure if I've explained that very well so apologies).

Because of that possibility I believe there is reasonable doubt as to intent and believe me, if for one moment I thought he had done that on purpose I would have absolutely no qualms with any punishment meted be it a 4, 8, 12 match or even 12 month ban.

I agree mate, this is exactly what pisses me right off about the whole charge - as Dermot Gallagher said in a court of law you just couldn't be sure beyond reasonable doubt as to whether it was intentional, only Balo will know that.

We just can't appeal cos they don't give a fuck about evidence.

Another point for me why we won't appeal is that we don't mind him missing tomorrow's game and using up first of the ban whereas if we appeal it'll mean more league games missed, which we don't want.
Exactly, club looking at a slightly bigger picture. Still irks the fuck out of me though. I just wish we could set the legal dogs on them with proper recourse but like someone else has already said, they seemingly just make it up as they go along.

100% corrupt, the world of football can see it.
The sad thing is the FA dont seem to care.

Very very sad situation.

strongbowholic said:
mancunial said:
No.

Watching the live footage again, I think your analysis is fucking spot on.

For those that haven't seen it live yet:
yf1.gif

I think you're all being very harsh on Crouchie.

He just isn't that type of player. Roy Hodgson said so. As do most of the media pundits.

So that means he'd never do something like gouging someone's eye.

It's not like we've got video evidence to prove it, is it?

it was only one eye
f.a. rule 21321 states that a player must gouge both eyes for a red, one eye is just a yellow....your all paranoid.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.