Stadium Expansion (Confirmed)

Didsbury Dave said:
wearethesouthstand said:
Didsbury Dave said:
Apologies if already covered, but am I right in assuming the club have ignored the chance to allocate one end as an 'atmosphere' end?

Big mistake if they have.

we had an open meeting with the club 5th September and this scenario was described to everyone there by danny wilson. this way it doesn't mean forcing moving anyone particularly to move...people have the option of staying where they are, so it avoids a repeat of the north stand situation a couple of years ago. also instead of giving away fans 3000 or minimum one tier (1500) you could actually give away fans just the seats in level 1 if it was wigan, ie 500 seats, or two tiers - 1500 and if you wanted to give a club all 3000 seats they would take all 3 tiers.

plainly for this to work we need the right sort of fans in the new blocks. otherwise the singers will still be split. so it's a case of do we want 111 moving into 115 ? or staying where they are.
The club should do everything they can to get the 111 area into the new south stand. This new south stand should be being billed as the new kippax. The club are missing a unique opportunity to give the ground one voice. Once the waiting list opens its too late.

They should be differentiating between these two areas in terms of who they want sitting there.

so 111 goes into 115 that's just one block. the noise still has to be loud enough to get past the away fans and hit the east stand for them to pick up. £299 seats are at the back of the stand. is there an argument to say loudest fans at the back and let the noise hit all parts of the ground from there?
also if capacity is 61000, and we give 15% 9000 to aways for a cup game, do they just take our end again anyway ?

wearethesouthstand said:
Didsbury Dave said:
wearethesouthstand said:
we had an open meeting with the club 5th September and this scenario was described to everyone there by danny wilson. this way it doesn't mean forcing moving anyone particularly to move...people have the option of staying where they are, so it avoids a repeat of the north stand situation a couple of years ago. also instead of giving away fans 3000 or minimum one tier (1500) you could actually give away fans just the seats in level 1 if it was wigan, ie 500 seats, or two tiers - 1500 and if you wanted to give a club all 3000 seats they would take all 3 tiers.

plainly for this to work we need the right sort of fans in the new blocks. otherwise the singers will still be split. so it's a case of do we want 111 moving into 115 ? or staying where they are.
The club should do everything they can to get the 111 area into the new south stand. This new south stand should be being billed as the new kippax. The club are missing a unique opportunity to give the ground one voice. Once the waiting list opens its too late.

They should be differentiating between these two areas in terms of who they want sitting there.

so 111 goes into 115 that's just one block. the noise still has to be loud enough to get past the away fans and hit the east stand for them to pick up. £299 seats are at the back of the stand. is there an argument to say loudest fans at the back and let the noise hit all parts of the ground from there?
also if capacity is 61000, and we give 15% 9000 to aways for a cup game, do they just take our end again anyway ?
I have thought about that area at the back. I would assume that the club will be sensible enough to use a sound-reflecting surface so that his could be the area where songs start.

What I mean is that the club should be making every effort to get singing fans up in this area. They should give first refusal and a cheap deal to fans currently in the singing areas. Then they should offer a massive discount to 16-25 year olds anywhere in the south stand. Market it as the area for atmosphere.

complete missed opportunity not having the south stand level one jsut for city fans.

It may make the atmosphere worse, less away fans and still a seperation between city fans either side of the away fans.

kinkysleftfoot said:
de niro said:
S.H.R.E.K said:
Oh that's good news, did they say which blocks on level 2 are up for the chop then?

it seems its as you were, i.e if you have a padded seats now you'll be offered various hospitality packs. normal seats like mine stay with the rabble.

its a shame cos its going to be amazing. I wont move seats for any reason but from what I've seen I am sorely tempted.

It seems the padded seats will have access to a new concourse in the the new stands with upgraded facilities

Correct.

kinkysleftfoot said:
de niro said:
S.H.R.E.K said:
Oh that's good news, did they say which blocks on level 2 are up for the chop then?

it seems its as you were, i.e if you have a padded seats now you'll be offered various hospitality packs. normal seats like mine stay with the rabble.

its a shame cos its going to be amazing. I wont move seats for any reason but from what I've seen I am sorely tempted.

It seems the padded seats will have access to a new concourse in the the new stands with upgraded facilities
You didn't mean the 'new ends' did you? Because I can't see how they would have access to there from the padded seats (that's me in 201 btw) because you'd have to get past the plastics (seats that is) to get to the end - I thought they'd just block off the 2nd concourse just inside the last spiral and rework the concourse and bar/food areas

Need away fans in the home end to create focus for the atmosphere, just like the Kippax

If the away fans got moved then the atmosphere would move with them. I've always gone to where the away fans are

There'll be 14, 000 behind the goal, and if there's 3k away fans there, I'll guarantee the 11k City would make more noise than 14k with no away fans.

Same situation in South Stand Upper Tier. Atmosphere is always good when it's half City half away fans. But it's poor when it's 100% City

Cheadle_hulmeBlue said:
complete missed opportunity not having the south stand level one jsut for city fans.

It may make the atmosphere worse, less away fans and still a seperation between city fans either side of the away fans.

the club see it as this : if you have away fans on 3 tiers and City fans wither side of them you then have potentially 6 areas of noise/conflict/banter where the fans can sing against each other. sounds ok in theory but would it work though ?

wearethesouthstand said:
Cheadle_hulmeBlue said:

the club see it as this : if you have away fans on 3 tiers and City fans wither side of them you then have potentially 6 areas of noise/conflict/banter where the fans can sing against each other. sounds ok in theory but would it work though ?
Interesting. Could go one way or the other. If the acoustics are better then we might avoid the current scenario at big games where two or three songs are going at once at key moments

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.