Stadium Expansion (Confirmed)

nerd;

Hold it; maybe I'm wrong.

It does look like there are external bridges across from the corner spirals on the East and West stands to the third tier concourses on the North and South stands.

Wahey!!!
Inconsistency in the renders on this subject I'm afraid...

No external bridges on this one...
drain.jpg

Possibly might me external bridges on this one...
drain2.jpg

I can't imagine there will external brides once the work is complete.

They may be smoking zones though ;-)

DiscoSteve said:
nerd;

It does look like there are external bridges across from the corner spirals on the East and West stands to the third tier concourses on the North and South stands.

Wahey!!!

drain.jpg

drain2.jpg

Two different designs.

Which one is the final one?

Note the different exterior of the SS as well.

Here's one.

I'd like to see most of the £299 season tickets go to new City fans. If the majority of the £299 season tickets get snapped up by current season ticket holders relocating, what incentive is there for new City fans to come to the matches? They don't come now because they can't afford ticket prices. They won't come if they are priced out of cheap season tickets.

The club have to be careful about this.

That is what I am thinking about too

There's going to be a lot of existing City seasoncard holders looking at those prices and comparing it to their own, but I don't suppose that matters if in the process of moving they bring along an extra child, or friend. I'm thinking about moving too, and thinking about friends/family who have been in the past and would they like season tickets.

As you say, needs some careful thought

Any thing that brings down ticket prices , be that seasoncard , or individual prices, has to be a good thing .... i'm sure crowds will flock to the Etihad in even greater numbers than they currently do.

There are thousands of City fans who either can't afford to go , or have had to give up for one reason or another , to join the the many new supporters that the club has gained ...... many will return if the price is right , i'm sure of it.

Stadium expansion will allow the club to offer fans more options , and that can only be a good thing .... as well as offering the club an even greater capacity to stage profitable pop concerts etc.

jrb said:
DiscoSteve said:
nerd;

Wahey!!!

drain.jpg

drain2.jpg

Two different designs.

Which one is the final one?

Note the different exterior of the SS as well.

Here's one.

I'd like to see most of the £299 season tickets go to new City fans. If the majority of the £299 season tickets get snapped up by current season ticket holders relocating, what incentive is there for new City fans to come to the matches? They don't come now because they can't afford ticket prices. They won't come if they are priced out of cheap season tickets.

why shouldn't i who will priced out of the seat i'm already in have an opportunity to take a £299 seat especially when i'll be bringing two new blues to the ground?

I know i've said this on many a thread and so I wont flog this thought to death but getting families involved for full days is what we will see when the wider site is developed.

So well priced season cards and match day tickets will draw in families who will b enticed to stay for more than the footy and therefore spend more too.

I know there are many who think the club should be a football club and nought more but that time has now passed and so prepare for far more cross selling with MCFC as on element.

Following on from Fblokes post, I can just picture the new seating areas being full of JCL's mixed with outpriced people from level two/one blocks and ofcourse the opportunistic types who will see the £299 sc as an "investment" and only ever use their seat when we play the Rags.

Atmosphere improvement? yea right...

I was feeling hyped about this but now not so.
The stadium will just feel plastic and Raggish.

Welcome to Old Scaffold 2.0

jrb said:

yes, but my bf's boss claims to be a city fan, hasn't been since Maine Road, is absolutely loaded (seriously so), but hasn't been cos "the prices are too high and i wont support overpaid players" - well when the MEN first had all the blurb about us having £299 season tickets in the new tier a few months ago, he said he will definately get one at that price and has gone on and on about it!
Let me stress again, this bloke has money - but is your typical tight arse. Me? Skint, but somehow i've managed to keep going through adding to my large debt (and i wont be able to shift to the 299 seats anyway cos my mum who i sit with cant do heights!!). Point is it's great for some poor people, but some rich twats plan to steal in first ;)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.