Stadium Expansion

We already have cheap season tickets, albeit a limited number.(the club picks the seat) That number will eventually increase with an expanded stadium.

Let me ask you all a question.

How many of you would be prepared to move to the 3rd tier of the South / North Stand if you could get one of those cheaper season tickets?

My guess is not many of you. Just like me. I'd rather pay extra and stay where I am, regardless of cheaper season tickets being available.

So those new cheaper season tickets will be taken/snapped up by the new fans who can't curretly afford or get a season ticket.

Believe me, City will have looked at every scenario and crunched all the figures. They won't expand the stadium without making sure tickets are affordable and sold.

BTW.

If the 6000 figure is true for both ends, then there is now reason why the away fans can't be relocated to the 3rd tier of the South Stand.

Newcastle and Sunderland have done it. United are trying to do it.

We may get a single singing section across the lower level of the South Stand after all. You never know, it might be a safe standing one.

One more thought. City could also increase the away allocation.(4000?) There's nothing stopping them from doing that.

Ric said:
Wasn't it Tom Glick who was accredited with increasing Derby's attendances, through fairly innovative pricing structures? I might be wrong on this, but I imagine having the extra capacity would potentially give us more flexibility in what we charge.

We could still increase the corporate/day tripper potential, but simulatenously reduce pricing in the ends behind the goals. Might be an optimistic vision, but the club will have surely worked out the figures regarding more fans on cheaper tickets vs fewer fans in more expensive seats.

We don't have United's global fanbase, so it'd be folly to price out the loyal supporters. The increased capacity would give us the scope to keep everyone happy.

As Didsbury Dave suggested, you'd hope the club would look seriously at turning South Stand Level 3 into a cheaply priced area, to encourage the singers to congregate there and let the atmosphere spread. We could also take a pro-active stance, as Villa and Sunderland have, regarding standings sections.
I love the vision, but I can't see it happening, we'll certainly keep some prices about where they are now if we expand, but they won't become cheaper, and we will increase corporate, and also try and increase day tripper, because its they that bring more money.

Sadly its all got to be about revenue, and our loyalty has its upper limit.

Another reason this makes sense for FFP is they are going to take into account future growth possibilities when determining if a team is in compliance. This should give the club some leeway with the compliance issue and be able to overspend a bit. The club can also cite the ability to raise ticket prices in the future charge for membership to the website like the rags do etc.. even if they never do either it's still a legit argument that can be made.

In all honesty the stadium needs a fucking good cleaning in places. The turrets need coating with some kind of cladding as the concrete is starting to look weathered.

Ric said:
Eccles Blue said:
What about the fox? Will it be looked after? Will someone make sure that its slope is relocated so that it can still wander around viewing the match?

sorry Mods, couldn't resist it, a win does that to me, I get flippant!! :-)

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I was told on a recent stadium tour that the fox incident "didn't end well".

Oh Ric, how am I going to sleep now, that poor fox. Oh dear. You do realise that this also means I shall have to go on the stadium tour now. Did you go on the 'ordinary' one or the Legends one? :-)

OK boys and girls, something to chew on...
I got hold of the Google Earth model of the Etihad and set to work with my virtual concrete mixer on the North Stand....

This is based on removing the 'new' North Stand Roof and stacking a third tier over the top of the boxes/second tier - a bit like the 'old Twickenham Second Tier'. This tier is EXACTLY the same number of rows as the East/West Stand 3rd Tiers and would be good for about 6,000 seats - 6 blocks x 30 odd seats per row x 30 rows. With a small concourse underneath and exit steps down from there to ground level. Notice that the roof span supports do NOT have to be moved - the stay supporting the inner ring like they did during the Commonwealth Games.

High Level
1Todaya.jpg

1NS3a.jpg

View From South Stand
2Todaya.jpg

2NS3a.jpg

View from East
3Todaya.jpg

3NS3a.jpg

Ric said:
As Didsbury Dave suggested, you'd hope the club would look seriously at turning South Stand Level 3 into a cheaply priced area, to encourage the singers to congregate there and let the atmosphere spread. We could also take a pro-active stance, as Villa and Sunderland have, regarding standings sections.
A third tier generating atmosphere in a roofless part of the stadium doesn't sound like it could improve atmosphere to be honest. Low roofs are why old grounds sound better. Echoes help spread singing. This would be the opposite.

The club also won't want sections of the stadium missing roofing, it completely fucks up rain protection and people won't turn up.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.