Stadium Expansion

I think the stadium will not be far off looking like The Emirates, which happens to have 60k capacity as well.

The top tiers will link like this in my opinion.

[bigimg]http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_jLlqDrcSYeQ/S_0oi7zYWKI/AAAAAAAABtM/O4vCmC98rAo/s1600/Emirates+-+moneyball.jpg[/bigimg]

hi guys....for me its much better to have it expanded for the convenience of all....thank you..

Bazzmand Show said:
The club also won't want sections of the stadium missing roofing, it completely fucks up rain protection and people won't turn up.
Are you referring to DiscoSteve's drawings? He's left the roof off so you can see what will be under it. He's trying to show that because the roof currently slants upwards, there's room within the limits of the current cable system to install another small tier. The roof will be put back on to the existing cable, meaning it will in effect be much lower and great for the atmosphere.

Whether this can really happen, I don't know, but that's what he's trying to show. He's definitely not suggesting leaving the roof off.

sam-caddick said:
I think the stadium will not be far off looking like The Emirates, which happens to have 60k capacity as well.

Not unless the roof is completely re-egineered. Ours is supended from cables, unlike the Emirates which has a large scaffolding type structure holding the roof.

cleavers said:
sam-caddick said:

Not unless the roof is completely re-egineered. Ours is supended from cables, unlike the Emirates which has a large scaffolding type structure holding the roof.
I think a total re engineering of the stadium will be needed to increase capacity. Fans could be in for a wet windy couple of seasons while this work is carried out

DiscoSteve said:
OK boys and girls, something to chew on...
I got hold of the Google Earth model of the Etihad and set to work with my virtual concrete mixer on the North Stand....

This is based on removing the 'new' North Stand Roof and stacking a third tier over the top of the boxes/second tier - a bit like the 'old Twickenham Second Tier'. This tier is EXACTLY the same number of rows as the East/West Stand 3rd Tiers and would be good for about 6,000 seats - 6 blocks x 30 odd seats per row x 30 rows. With a small concourse underneath and exit steps down from there to ground level. Notice that the roof span supports do NOT have to be moved - the stay supporting the inner ring like they did during the Commonwealth Games.

High Level
1Todaya.jpg

1NS3a.jpg

View From South Stand
2Todaya.jpg

2NS3a.jpg

View from East
3Todaya.jpg

3NS3a.jpg

That's brilliant mate!!

I can't picture what it would like with a roof on though :/

My personal preference would not to have 3 tiers, just an extended second tier :)

Re the increase in corporate facilities.

We all know that this is where the big money is made but as regards the Etihad we currently have boxes all around the 2nd Tier.

Can someone advise where the extra corporate will be put? I take it that it will be around the extention to the North and South at the back so we have corporate on Level 2 and level 3?

Great times to be a blue but I better start doing a bit more overtime as I can't see it being any cheaper. I currently sit in South Level 2 and really enjoy it but if it becomes like the Emirates it appears that Level 2 becomes a club england type scenario with very few seats.
If this happens will it be a case of relocating to South Level 3?

There was empty seats everywhere yesterday, I have my doubts that we could fill it at this stage. To fill a 60k stadium week in week out you do need to be pulling around 10k-15k 'tourists' a game, and we don't seem to be quite there yet - in a few years time when the expansion would be completed perhaps we will be.

Ric said:
Eccles Blue said:
What about the fox? Will it be looked after? Will someone make sure that its slope is relocated so that it can still wander around viewing the match?

sorry Mods, couldn't resist it, a win does that to me, I get flippant!! :-)

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I was told on a recent stadium tour that the fox incident "didn't end well".

:( my old man has seen it in the 3rd tier of the east stand wandering around seats before the game. There's also a kestrel that nests above the boxes in one of the ends.

Blue Coop said:
There was empty seats everywhere yesterday, I have my doubts that we could fill it at this stage. To fill a 60k stadium week in week out you do need to be pulling around 10k-15k 'tourists' a game, and we don't seem to be quite there yet - in a few years time when the expansion would be completed perhaps we will be.

the attendance for yesterday was 47,200, so the majority of empty seats were sold, but not attended, therefore most probably season tickets.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.