Stadium Expansion

Cheadle_hulmeBlue said:
waspish said:
Cheadle_hulmeBlue said:
dont see the point yet, still lots of empty seats at prem games and cup games. With it becoming more expensive im only gonna see more empty seats.

why not make the south stand one huge stand,like dortmund. rather than three tiers, which is basically arsenals ground ??

THE ONLY WAY WED SELL OUT IS IF REGULAR SEATS OR SEASON TICKETS ARE CHEAPER..

Aswell the coporate sections are always empty why have a whole tier of it.

We sell out and sold out every home league game, every club in the premier in cup games very rarely sell out so this stance is pretty lame..

why are there so many empty seats then, dont get the arguement that its because people just dont turn up its always the same seats that are empty most of the time. The corporate section is more often than not always empty.

My father was fairly ill and I could barley walk due to gout, thats two who missed yesterdays game

VOOMER said:
Cheadle_hulmeBlue said:
waspish said:
We sell out and sold out every home league game, every club in the premier in cup games very rarely sell out so this stance is pretty lame..

why are there so many empty seats then, dont get the arguement that its because people just dont turn up its always the same seats that are empty most of the time. The corporate section is more often than not always empty.

My father was fairly ill and I could barley walk due to gout, thats two who missed yesterdays game

Research celery seed supplements for gout. They work wonders. Prescribed in Germany but easily sourced in UK. (Sorry, off topic).

This empty seats bulls*** has been implanted into the heads of many Blues by the Rags.

After we won the FA Cup that ended their 34 years chants, as well as forcing them to take that banner down. Then we won the title with almost the last kick of the season. Another blow to their songs and piss taking.

So what have they got left?

Stockport. A poor attempt at trying to match our as long as I can remember London and Singapore jibes. And now we have the 20,000 empty seats jibe.

Go on the MEN comments page and that's all they've got left. Stockport/20,00 empty seats. Blah!

No doubt if and when details are published about the stadium expansion in the MUEN the Rags will have a field day.

Regardless if the expanded stadium is full or not for every match, more City fans will get the chance to see this team. That's more important than United's latest and on-going jibe.

Hamann Pineapple said:
Will the capacity be reduced for 9 months like in Football Manager ?

*hides*

I share your concern.
Surely both north and south stands will have to be closed, building start day after the last game of the season. Doubt it could go up in 2 and half months...

jrb said:
This empty seats bulls*** has been implanted into the heads of many Blues by the Rags.

After we won the FA Cup that ended their 34 years chants, as well as forcing them to take that banner down. Then we won the title with almost the last kick of the season. Another blow to their songs and piss taking.

Stockport. A poor attempt at trying to match our as long as I can remember London and Singapore jibes. And now we have the 20,000 empty seats jibe.

Go on the MEN comments page and that's all they've got left. Stockport/20,00 empty seats. Blah!

No doubt if and when details are published about the stadium expansion in the MUEN the Rags will have a field day.

Regardless if the expanded stadium is full or not for every match, more City fans will get the chance to see this team. That's more important than United's latest and on-going jibe.

big round of applause.

thats the truth

jrb said:

this is still the beginning of the new era for our club,the rags will have nothing left to throw at us in the very near future

great idea to expand, really does need it. Rags saying any different ? Bit like saying you cant buy the league having done this themslelves for years !

Anybody doubting the stadium expansion is not a business man. Football is business and big money these days, we are in the 90's. The stadium full for only 60% of a full seasons league / cup / CL games would increase profit.

We are also looking in to the future, we mean business, this is just the start. 10 years of success will fill the ground 90% of the time eventually.

Therefore if you dont like it, go and knock on the door at the swamp who now struggle filling their ground and dont have the same waiting list. My good friend has 2 corporate season tickets at the swamp for his clients at work, he strugles giving them away now, nobody can be botherd !

Cheadle_hulmeBlue said:
Didsbury Dave said:
Cheadle_hulmeBlue said:

We have sold out every home league game for two years. Why can't people accept this?

I do accept that ! just askin why are there always empty seats, not just a few but quite a lot.
A few people double up in the singing section and leave their own seat empty

I don't see any unusual no of empty seats, over and above what you see at any other ground. You always get a few season ticket holders who can't go, and there are always empty seats in the Directors Box. if City weren't maximising capacity the Ticket office would be on to it. The demand is there, otherwise there wouldn't be a huge thread and endless topics about expanding the ground

WNRH said:
1.618034 said:
WNRH said:
It's not an obsession it's basic economics. Why spend millions extending the stadium by 13,000 seats if in reality only 3,000 will be used for the majority of games? Waste of money.

Ok let's do the Maths...

If it attracts only 3000 extras then assuming they spend an average of about £50 each (ticket plus beer, food, merch...) then that's an extra £150k per game.

But obviously I think you're being overly pessimistic, so instead I'll assume it attracts an average of 10k more, a reasonable assumption IMO as we sold out season cards on the first day and have sold out every home league game for over 12 months, then that's an extra £500k per game! That's half a million. Pounds. Per game. On average. WHEN it does sell out that's an extra Seven Hundred Thousand Pounds.

Now if you think that's to be sniffed at, and also taking into consideration that any money spent on the stadium is exempt from FFPR, then I'm afraid you're deluded if you can't see the economic point.

Your maths are based on assumption, where is the demand for an extra 1,000 tickets let alone 10,000. Typing 10,000 is simply pressing 6 buttons on a keyboard, sounds easy to fill, but try and get 10,000 to hand over £50 every two weeks and see if it is easy.

I know it's an assumption. That's why I used the word twice.

I disagree with your pessimistic assumptions. And apparently so do Sheik Mansour, Kaldoon et al...

Build it and they will come.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.