Stadium Expansion

Think the major thing that will come of the expansion will be that it will put to bed any chance of safe standing

noely said:
Think the major thing that will come of the expansion will be that it will put to bed any chance of safe standing

Dont really see that at all. No reason the lower tier of the south stand could not be converted to safe standing. Unless I am wrong of course.

I always find it somewhat frustrating when City fans self-flagellate over attendances, empty seats etc.

What we should all agree on is that MCFC is now at the very top of tree as world football clubs go.

Some might sugest we dont have history which we know is bollocks, others even think we couldn't fill a 60k + stadium but we will for big games that for sure.

And then of course we get told we are not a BIG club because we have no European pedigree, there is certainly some truth in that but I can tell you for certain that wont always the case.

Guess what our owner(s) knows that he needs to invest and so we WILL get a bigger stadium of 60,000, 70,0000 or even more as we are the club for now and the club for the future.

With that in mind have a look at what one of Europe's BIG, BIG clubs has moved into in the last 12 months -

<a class="postlink" href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Juventus_Stadium" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Juventus_Stadium</a>

Its smaller than what we already have, they are PLANNING for a project less impressive than the MCFCA and they are already NOT filling their new stadium.

fbloke said:
I always find it somewhat frustrating when City fans self-flagellate over attendances, empty seats etc.

What we should all agree on is that MCFC is now at the very top of tree as world football clubs go.

Some might sugest we dont have history which we know is bollocks, others even think we couldn't fill a 60k + stadium but we will for big games that for sure.

And then of course we get told we are not a BIG club because we have no European pedigree, there is certainly some truth in that but I can tell you for certain that wont always the case.

Guess what our owner(s) knows that he needs to invest and so we WILL get a bigger stadium of 60,000, 70,0000 or even more as we are the club for now and the club for the future.

With that in mind have a look at what one of Europe's BIG, BIG clubs has moved into in the last 12 months -

<a class="postlink" href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Juventus_Stadium" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Juventus_Stadium</a>

Its smaller than what we already have, they are PLANNING for a project less impressive than the MCFCA and they are already NOT filling their new stadium.
bang on, we are still in the early stages of the new era..look how far we have come on and off the pitch,onwards and upwards

DiscoSteve said:
So now I have attempted to put the roof back in - well just the roof spars so you can still see whats going on - as you can see its a bit 'iffy' in the corners and I've just about reached the point where I'd need a real building architect to finish this off...
1NS3Ra.jpg

2NS3Ra.jpg

3NS3Ra.jpg

4NS3a.jpg

Those spars do hang correctly under the cable stay support ring but to my mind would fit better if they kinked upwards pitchside to retain a clean inner edge, like in this schematic I posed on the original Las Vegas thread
COMS60EW.jpg

That's great.

Although, rather than trying to fit the roof to your (rectangular) seats can you try shaping the seats to fit just under the existing roof...?

And didn't someone say that rather than a 3rd tier it was going to be just an extension of the current 2nd tiers? Or will it be 3 tiers to accommodate extra corporate boxes?

Surely that's what they're actually planning? As it seems the roof is either on or off. there seems no way they can just realign part of it without taking the whole thing down..?

Sorry for all the questions!

Great work though. Beats poor photo-shopping any day!

-)

EDIT: Here's another one... Could your 3rd tier move nearer the pitch and over the 2nd tier more to fit under the roof?

DiscoSteve, great photoshopping, Any chance of photoshopping a design for the south/north stand being replaced with one massive tier like at Dortmund? Someone told me it was discussed at the meeting.

southstander93 said:
DiscoSteve, great photoshopping, Any chance of photoshopping a design for the south/north stand being replaced with one massive tier like at Dortmund? Someone told me it was discussed at the meeting.
Just for the record, this isn't photoshopping - I have a hybrid model of the Stadium as taken from Google Earth and I have been butchering it.
I now have the roof reworked to be in line with the existing inner edge, relies on kinked support beams to work. So here is what it COULD look like with the North Stand 6,000 seat separated 3rd Tier added - which I think IS possible for the stadium with judicious tinkering with the existing roof
1NS3Ea.jpg

3NS3Ea.jpg

4NS3Ea.jpg

5NS3Ea.jpg

6NS3Ea.jpg

7NS3Ea.jpg

8NS3Ea.jpg

Doesn't look too bad does it, especially if you imagine the South Stand done too

At a North East OSC do in Durham last year, Brian Marwood said the capacity could be raised by 5,000 or so by just filling in the gaps and reorganising the present seating plan in the North and South stand. If they adopt safe standing, then I reckon they could get towards 60,000 without major structural changes.

Although we might not need the extra seats now,it's so obvious we will in the not too distant future,this is why we are doing this.Can people really not see this !

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.