Stadium Expansion

waspish said:
Cheadle_hulmeBlue said:
dont see the point yet, still lots of empty seats at prem games and cup games. With it becoming more expensive im only gonna see more empty seats.

why not make the south stand one huge stand,like dortmund. rather than three tiers, which is basically arsenals ground ??

THE ONLY WAY WED SELL OUT IS IF REGULAR SEATS OR SEASON TICKETS ARE CHEAPER..

Aswell the coporate sections are always empty why have a whole tier of it.

We sell out and sold out every home league game, every club in the premier in cup games very rarely sell out so this stance is pretty lame..

why are there so many empty seats then, dont get the arguement that its because people just dont turn up its always the same seats that are empty most of the time. The corporate section is more often than not always empty.

I hope when they do expand the stadium remains symmetrical. The thing that sets us apart from these other new stadiums is the arched roof. Just hope we can incorporate the arch of the current 3rd tiers into the new 3rd tiers at the North and South ends similar to JRB's 1st image.

Whilst DiscoSteve's diagrams are great i can't help but think if they were to extend like that we'd lose that uniqueness

Cheadle_hulmeBlue said:
waspish said:
Cheadle_hulmeBlue said:
dont see the point yet, still lots of empty seats at prem games and cup games. With it becoming more expensive im only gonna see more empty seats.

why not make the south stand one huge stand,like dortmund. rather than three tiers, which is basically arsenals ground ??

THE ONLY WAY WED SELL OUT IS IF REGULAR SEATS OR SEASON TICKETS ARE CHEAPER..

Aswell the coporate sections are always empty why have a whole tier of it.

We sell out and sold out every home league game, every club in the premier in cup games very rarely sell out so this stance is pretty lame..

why are there so many empty seats then, dont get the arguement that its because people just dont turn up its always the same seats that are empty most of the time. The corporate section is more often than not always empty.

We have sold out every home league game for two years. Why can't people accept this?

Didsbury Dave said:
Cheadle_hulmeBlue said:
waspish said:

We have sold out every home league game for two years. Why can't people accept this?

I do accept that ! just askin why are there always empty seats, not just a few but quite a lot.

I drive a mobile crane and lifted in the new bridge at St Helens rugby ground, the guy in charge of that project was in charge or part charge of the building of our stadium for the Commonwealth games, so obviously we got talking about football and the expansion of the stadium came up, the long and the short of it is that it can not be expanded without starting from scratch due many reasons, just looking at the design of the stadium and anyone with any degree building knowledge could work it out, so put expansion out of our minds as we need to fill ours EVERY game then maybe build another...

jrb said:
Remember this?

manchester20city20newsltm5.jpg

Or this?

comsextendedsmall.jpg
Yes but those are not rooted in anything other than what you can do in Photoshop.

What I'm trying to work out what is PHYSICALLY possible within the constraints of what's there today. The reason I have not attempted to join this tier to the existing 3rd tiers is:-
a) because someone posted that they'd heard from a City source that it wasn't going to happen
b) you don't need to, to add 6,000 onto each end and
c) like this the roof/supports can be 'bent to fit' and the air vents can be retained

stonie said:
I drive a mobile crane and lifted in the new bridge at St Helens rugby ground, the guy in charge of that project was in charge or part charge of the building of our stadium for the Commonwealth games, so obviously we got talking about football and the expansion of the stadium came up, the long and the short of it is that it can not be expanded without starting from scratch due many reasons, just looking at the design of the stadium and anyone with any degree building knowledge could work it out, so put expansion out of our minds as we need to fill ours EVERY game then maybe build another...

It's pretty obvious the club don't agree with that, or they wouldn't be talking about it.

DiscoSteve said:
jrb said:
Remember this?

manchester20city20newsltm5.jpg

Or this?

comsextendedsmall.jpg
Yes but those are not rooted in anything other than what you can do in Photoshop.

What I'm trying to work out what is PHYSICALLY possible within the constraints of what's there today. The reason I have not attempted to join this tier to the existing 3rd tiers is:-
a) because someone posted that they'd heard from a City source that it wasn't going to happen
b) you don't need to, to add 6,000 onto each end and
c) like this the roof/supports can be 'bent to fit' and the air vents can be retained

I appreciate that Steve.

TBH I just reposted them as a, look this is what a third tier on each stand could look like. Even though it won't look anything like those 2 photoshop mockups.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.