Stadium Expansion

ade_akhtar said:
is there any info about this on the website? I would like to read about it.
No. All unofficial. Been some private fans meetings with the club though which is where the speculation has come from.

Can anybody confirm it was Marty Edelman doing the chit chat on Sunday or was it Tom Glick (or someone else...Martin Sheen?).

Was this a genuine 'consulation' exercise or a leak dressed up in consultation clothing? I can't seem to gauge what was actually confirmed on Sunday i.e. was 60,000 and both ends extended presented as fact etc?

As it stands it's a lovely looking stadium...most of the new ones I've seen planned for the UK are dire irrespective of how many they can hold (I struggle to remember what the Emirates looks like). I'm sure if a 'new shell' is added then it will follow that sense of interesting, bold architecture.

The Ashton New road re route might be interesting...

Some people suggesting more seats = lower ticket prices? Could anyone seriously see this? When do football fans ever benefit from anything? Clubs would rather have half empty stadiums on expensive tickets than full stadiums on cheap ones

We could fill it for cup games if some bright spark in the ticketing department realised that cheap tickets (circa £10 adults) will put bums on seats. Whats better, 20k (villa in the league cup was close to this?) @ £20 with a dire atmosphere or 47k @ £10. In some cases they'll lose out financially with reduced revenue due to cheaper prices but surely worth it if your creating a better atmosphere to push the team on?

somapop said:
Can anybody confirm it was Marty Edelman doing the chit chat on Sunday or was it Tom Glick (or someone else...Martin Sheen?).

Was this a genuine 'consulation' exercise or a leak dressed up in consultation clothing? I can't seem to gauge what was actually confirmed on Sunday i.e. was 60,000 and both ends extended presented as fact etc?

As it stands it's a lovely looking stadium...most of the new ones I've seen planned for the UK are dire irrespective of how many they can hold (I struggle to remember what the Emirates looks like). I'm sure if a 'new shell' is added then it will follow that sense of interesting, bold architecture.

The Ashton New road re route might be interesting...

In a tweet convo with Chris Bailey he didnt say it wasn't Edelman (which is my assumption) and in a further tweet convo I had the other person said he had been involved with an american football team - which fits Edelman's profile.

Whilst it is true the cable net is one single structure that cannot be altered or removed easily, the actual roof panels are a different matter, they simply rest on the cable net and exterior wall of the stadium, you could probably remove the whole lot in a couple of days. You could build an extra tier with it's own roof and leave the cable net in place, you might end up with slightly obscured views and the extra tier would be limited in size but I'm pretty sure it could be done quickly without affecting attendances significantly.

The cantilevered roof surely means that they would have to build a whole new roof to expand?

sboroMCFC said:
The cantilevered roof surely means that they would have to build a whole new roof to expand?

It's not cantilevered in the old fashion stadium sense but cable stayed. I understand the end roof sections can be removed (but not at the same time due to global stability issues).

lyonfish said:
Whilst it is true the cable net is one single structure that cannot be altered or removed easily, the actual roof panels are a different matter, they simply rest on the cable net and exterior wall of the stadium, you could probably remove the whole lot in a couple of days. You could build an extra tier with it's own roof and leave the cable net in place, you might end up with slightly obscured views and the extra tier would be limited in size but I'm pretty sure it could be done quickly without affecting attendances significantly.

extra 30 rows on on top of current north and south would not be obscured by current cable location.

nem said:
sboroMCFC said:

It's not cantilevered in the old fashion stadium sense but cable stayed. I understand the end roof sections can be removed (but not at the same time due to global stability issues).
Why, would it spark off wars around the world?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.