Stadium Expansion

Do we really need an expansion at this point in time & if we do where are the fans coming from that are going to fill the seats ? well at least if would keep the glory hunters & tourist threads going for years

cyberblue said:
Do we really need an expansion at this point in time & if we do where are the fans coming from that are going to fill the seats ? well at least if would keep the glory hunters & tourist threads going for years

Its obvious we do, we need to comply with FFPR and need a larger revenue from gate receipts. We either put the prices up or build a bigger stadium. I know which I prefer

The stadium is probably just about the right size now, but expansion will take at least 2 years so I would have thought the ambition is to grow support by at least
10000 over the next 2- 5 years.

So if expansion is going to go ahead, anyone got any idea when it will start. I would assume that work would start close season, which rules out next summer, as Bon Jovi are playing, with the liklehood of a fat Port Vale fan having the odd night at the ground.

Manx Blue said:
I haven't read the whole thread so apologies if the question has already been asked.

Can we not dig a bit further down?

Yes the drainage etc would have to be altered, but certainly at each end of the ground, there is quite a bit of wasted space due to the curve, rather than straight ends at many other grounds?

The pitch has to be a certain width, if we dig further down, irrespective of drainage, under soil heating etc the surface area available for a football pitch would shrink both form the sides and behind the goal. The current 1st tier, front to back, must be 15 metres or so, imagine that again, on either side. We haven't got the space to lose 20 - 30 metres of width and still have a pitch that both meets regulations and suits our passing game.

blueparrot said:
The stadium is probably just about the right size now, but expansion will take at least 2 years so I would have thought the ambition is to grow support by at least

If it's sold out for 99% of league games - which it is - that means we are losing ticket sales and season ticket sales right now.

We should expand it asap in my view. OK we won't fill it every week, but we will some weeks, and we will get more revenue. It's a no-brainer imho.

blueparrot said:
So where are these 10.000 new fans with enough money to fork out £45 each week for a ticket coming from .& What will they think when they get slagged of for being glory hunting tw*ts .tourists ect

cyberblue said:
blueparrot said:
So where are these 10.000 new fans with enough money to fork out £45 each week for a ticket coming from .& What will they think when they get slagged of for being glory hunting tw*ts .tourists ect

the stadium has sold out for every league game. Therefore expanding the ground is necessary. It really is as simple and as straight forward as that

cyberblue said:
blueparrot said:

I dont think anyone is expecting all games to sell out if we have 10K more seat. Thats not how it works. But for sure if had 10K extra seat do you think they would have been sold for certain games last season ???

damn right they would. And thats the point. We are losing out on ticket sales etc at certain games and therefore there is an opportunity to create more revenue if more seats were available.

DiscoSteve said:
Yup I could have a go BUT I don't think its going to happen because it would reduce the opportunities for corporate boxes.

If you could have a go that would be good. It is something I can see the club looking into, even if only one end of the ground had a dortmund style single tier stand and the other stayed the same it would increase revenue, and would mean that if safe standing did kick in eventually, we would already have the facilities for it. I'm sure I read someone touch on it, if you could remove blocks 134-139 and 234-239 for example, knock it down and just build one tier like dortmund, would you be able to do that without changing the roof? If the stand was made square rather than curved around the goal it could surely be made slightly steeper meaning it could be squeezed in?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.