Stadium Expansion

gordondaviesmoustache said:
fbloke said:
southstander93 said:
Also, as for the cheaper tickets in the event of expansion, a lot of the match day revenue is made on bar sales. Say on a carling cup game, each fan spends £10 on beer. 20k fans at £20 per ticket is £400,000 on tickets and £200,000 on bar sales, making a match day income of £600,000. However, 40k fans at £10 per ticket is £400,000 on tickets and £400,000 on bar sales, making a match day income of £800,000. Now I know not everyone will buy beer and all that stuff, but you get the idea. In my opinion, if the club does expand, it makes perfect sense to sell cheaper tickets to get the bums on the seats, and they can make the money on bar sales, food, and merchandise. If ADUG have a good business head on them, and considering how rich they are I imagine they do, then they will have figured this out.

Its not even worth thinking about in terms of revenue per pint.

The current deal in place at Anfield for example means that Carlsberg pay LFC £1.5m p.a. just to have their beer in the ground.

I'm struggling to believe that. I understand that Arsenal get a million quid a year and with the extra capacity and more corporate facilities (especially on non-match days) I would hazard a bet that their beer volumes will be at least double those at Anfield.

I understand that Carlsberg and LFC have some 'istree, but the figure you quote seems to be well in excess of the market price imo.

it does seem extortionately high, even including for that crappy little fan zone thing they have at the back of the anfield road stand. may be getting confused with carlsbergs sponsoring the england team and fa cup (??). fbloke, over to you...

Shaelumstash said:
Danamy said:
blueparrot said:
we are not just talking about ' fans' some will be people who just want to see top teams and top players 'tourists ' if thats what you want to call them. But when in Barcelona i went to a game because I could, same as when I went to Boston I went to an NFL game. Its all extra income.

Nail hit on head, this is the market that'll be targeted, like it or not.

You'll always have your hardcore Blues that'll go regardless but it's the day trippers that'll fill the seats.

It's not just the seat, it's the food, drink and souvenirs which is a tidy income to think about?

I completely disagree. The cost of marketing to tourists who might come to one game per season is huge compared with the cost of marketing to a local blue who doesn't attend regular games, but could realistically go to every game.

Without any shadow of a doubt the first people who will be bombarded with marketing is the Blue members. The club already has their details, already knows they have a strong interest in City, already know where they live. The first priority will be to move Blue members to Gold or Platinum.

Next will be people who've bought tickets in the past and not been for a while. Then locals who might have a passing interest but don't go to games. I would say tourists will be the last group that will be marketed to. For one, it costs a lot more to market to people who don't live locally or have any interest in the club. And 2 the Return On Investment is likely to be far lower because if they don't live locally they are more unlikely to come regularly.

There will no doubt be marketing directed at wealthy UAE nationals because of our close links with Etihad / the country, but the idea that current Blue members won't be able to get a ticket because a load of Japanese / American tourists will be buying the seats and demanding popcorn and foam fingers is just nonsense.

Marketing?

What do you think they've been doing going around buying players like Aguero and Balotelli. This is the best marketing...

Haven't you heard the song "You signed Phil Jones, we signed Kun Aguerooooooh."

Marketing? Pah.

;-)

The only marketing needed is to be competitive in every match shown globally on TV.

fy6blue said:
The only marketing needed is to be competitive in every match shown globally on TV.

why are we advertising extensively in local/national media outlets for champions league games/exec packages then?

Can't believe that a large % of people on here think that 60,000 is pushing the limits of what we could fill in the stadium.

We have sold out almost every home game (in the league) and 'prestige' cup game for the past 2 years, which has made it increasingly hard for the casual match goer (of which I am one now unfortunately after giving up my season ticket) to take in a game.

We need a large enough increase to allow the majority of City fans to get to a game when they can do, and to have a chance of seeing a home derby game etc. Plus, with (hopefully) a larger proportion of kids in the greater Manchester area choosing City over U****d in the near future we need a larger capacity or the next generation of locals to take up the torch.

Thats without any random tourists/day trippers to whatever the club have up their sleeves for the collar site.

I'd say 60,000 is a minimum, and priced appropriately (unfortunately not cheap as that will never happen :( ) we could easily look to have significantly more than this number when the bigger teams are in town. As several people have said....if you build it they will come.

bluecityste said:
Can't believe that a large % of people on here think that 60,000 is pushing the limits of what we could fill in the stadium.

We have sold out almost every home game (in the league) and 'prestige' cup game for the past 2 years, which has made it increasingly hard for the casual match goer (of which I am one now unfortunately after giving up my season ticket) to take in a game.

We need a large enough increase to allow the majority of City fans to get to a game when they can do, and to have a chance of seeing a home derby game etc. Plus, with (hopefully) a larger proportion of kids in the greater Manchester area choosing City over U****d in the near future we need a larger capacity or the next generation of locals to take up the torch.

Thats without any random tourists/day trippers to whatever the club have up their sleeves for the collar site.

I'd say 60,000 is a minimum, and priced appropriately (unfortunately not cheap as that will never happen :( ) we could easily look to have significantly more than this number when the bigger teams are in town. As several people have said....if you build it they will come.

It's a good they arn't in charge

warpig said:
fy6blue said:

why are we advertising extensively in local/national media outlets for champions league games/exec packages then?
TV coverage of a constantly successful team is surely what attracts the undecided/neutrals/far away to any club. It takes time. They will come. Look at Chelsea. Some of us may not like it, but that's how it is.

fy6blue said:
warpig said:
fy6blue said:

TV coverage of a constantly successful team is surely what attracts the undecided/neutrals/far away to any club. It takes time. They will come. Look at Chelsea. Some of us may not like it, but that's how it is.

to an extent, but fundamentally it is a flawed argument. man united (trademark the worlds most successful team ever. ever) advertise similarly.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.